But, tonight, I heard from him. He called at 9;30 - the same as last night. So, instead of expecting his call at 8:00 as I was informed would happen, I will expect it at 9:30 and not panic until 10:00.
So, his report? His facilitator is evil. I kind of cracked up at that comment. I know my son, so I didn't completely worry about it. He says she is suppose to be explaining things to the group (of 11 kids), but instead she screams at them all the time. Evidently, she screams at Jacob a lot. He was walking and she screamed at him to stop running. I am not so sure how to look at this. My advice to him is to do what the bible says to do when someone is not nice to you:
If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat,
and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink,
for you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.
—Proverbs 25:21-22
Luke 6:27-35
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
“If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.
I told him that we would be praying that she see Jacob for his sweet self and Jacob will see her differently. And I advised him to try to help her all he could. So, I am asking all of you who are prayer warriors to pray that Jacob and the facilitator can see things differently.
As for how he likes his trip so far? He loves it. He was so concerned about how much money it costed to go and how it wouldn't be worth it. He was afraid that he would regret doing this and it would be a miserable time. Well,... I asked him if it was worth the money. He didn't hesitate and said "yes!". He LOVES it. I also asked him if Washington DC is all that he dreamed it would be. He,again, didn't hesitate, and said "yes!".
He told me that he went to Ethiopia. I laughed because I knew that he was trying to make me really think he went to the country.

He actually went to the embassy of Ethiopia. He thought that was pretty cool.

His favorite site, though, was the Jefferson Memorial. I wasn't able to get much more information out of him. He is very uncomfortable talking a lot on the phone, especially where others can hear him.
He is taking lots of pictures, but today, his camera battery died. That made me sad. I had it fully charged for him. Hopefully he will get it charged up so he has it for tomorrow. He is not comfortable with his roommates, so if you can pray about that as well, I would appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment