Friday, September 12, 2008

A conversation between Erin and Elizabeth

Tonight, when the kids came home, Erin was enjoying a few moments with Elizabeth. They were both eating pizza. Elizabeth got all excited and the conversation went something like this:

Elizabeth: "Tomorrow, when I get very big, very, very big, I'm going to be your teacher"
Erin: "You are?, You're going to be my teacher?"
Elizabeth: "Yes, when I get very VERY, very big, tomorrow, I be your teacher"
Erin: "When you get big?"
Elizabeth" "Yes"
Erin: "Are you going to teach me the alphabet?"
Elizabeth: "Yes, when I get big and I be your teacher"
Erin: "Good, because I forget what the A sounds like"
Elizabeth: "aaaa"
Erin: "What does a G sound like?"
Elizabeth: "Ghhh"
Erin: "What word starts with the letter G?"
Elizabeth: (big smiles) "GGGGHHH.. Cat"
Erin: (laughing) "What words starts with the letter B?"
Elizabeth: (very proud) "BBBBB .. pizza"
Erin: (laughing) "when you grow up, you can be my teacher"
Elizabeth: "yes, when I get big, tomorrow"

As Erin walks out the door to go to the football game for marching band, she repeats "GGGG-cat (laughs), BBBB-pizza (giggles)"

No comments: