God has been so very faithful to Jacob. As of yesterday, he officially completed his goal of raising enough money to pay for the forum. I think it was February when he bagan trying to raise the $2295.00 it cost to attend this forum. Jacob has seen God's faithfulness and has learned many lessons through it. He worked very hard doing several different things. He ran 2 concession stands, cleaned barns, trimmed trees, helped move, cleaned houses, picked up sticks, sold candy, mowed yards, and did a great deal of babysitting. But that alone did not bring in the large amount he needed. In addition to his hard work, he was given some very generous gifts from his Mamaw and Papaw, his Aunt and Uncle, his Uncle and some very dear friends as well as a gift from a Veterans foundation. Those gifts encouraged Jacob greatly. And now.... having reached his goal, Jacob will be leaving tomorrow for Washington D.C.
It is a strange feeling to know that we will be taking him to an airport to fly by himself to arrive at an airport where a total stranger will be picking him up. Right now, my heart is doing some mighty silly things. I am fighting back some of the natural fears I have about my son going so far, alone, and spending an entire week with people I have never met. It is strange how things change. Jacob would have been the last one of my kids that I would have ever thought I would be sending off like this... let alone would I have ever imagined Jacob could have handled it. I am thrilled for him, but there is a part of me that is having major second thoughts! :)
Please pray for him as he travels. From the time he walks onto the airplane until he arrives at the forum will be a very uneasy time for my son. Pray that he can find the specific area he is suppose to meet the representataive from the forum and that he recognizes that person. Pray that this person is a wonderful, kind, and gentle spirited person (I know... I am being very specific) who will put Jacob at ease right away. And please pray that he has 2 special roommates who will see Jacob for who he is and who will have like minds. He will be spending a week with these 2 kids. I would love for him to come home with 2 new friends. Kids at this age can be so cruel. Jacob is very tender hearted. It will be hard for him to be away for so long, I just really want him to have some wonderful roommates that he will truly enjoy and who will enjoy him!
And... pray that he soaks up every bit of the history that he will be discovering. He has looked forward to visiting Washington DC ever since he was in 1st grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment