Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Capital D
A small d
The "homemade" version of a "natural" D in the woods. Elizabeth insisted on making a D, it was fun to watch them create it.
We found berries on the way to the creek. To keep Ri from desiring to eat them (his favorite thing to do), since they were poisonous, we squished them and painted the letter D on our arms. We also found Dora tatoos and used them yesterday as well.
A perfect letter D for our book!
Elizabeth is seeming to get the knack of forming some of the letters. She really sits and concentrates and is quite happy to inform me when she does it right!
Ok - I need to let you know that I helped with his picture. But.... I only colored the black on the hat and red scarf. I can't believe how well she is doing staying in the lines. She is such a girl! :)
We went on a letter D hunt and ended up in the creek (after finding apples, feeding horses, collecting buckeyes and throwing rocks).
Did I mention collecting buckeyes? This boy LOVES to collect them and stuff his pockets full!!
See what I mean? He must have pulled 20 buckeyes out.
This morning, we were working on "preschool". Elizabeth was practicing coloring in the lines and Ri was practicing matching things. I then started Ri practicing writing the letter A. They both needs a ton of work learning how to write ANY letter, so we are slowing working on them. He got a little frustrated and wanted to switch to something new. He laid on the ground and began to whimper. Elizabeth (who had had many moments of whining already this morning, but was presently in a great mood) looked at me and said "he's fussy". Then she preceeded to inform me that he was "very fussy", but a few seconds later she said "just like me". Whew - I am so glad she remembered that she had been that way just a few moments earlier!

No comments: