Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, I can FINALLY tell. I have been dying to tell Emily for a couple of months now. A few months back, I was checking into airline tickets. I do that once in a while simply because our family would absolutely LOVE to visit our precious friends in California, the Masyrs and the Lennards. We met both of the families in China when we adopted Elizabeth. The Masyrs daughter, Faith, is a "sister" to Elizabeth. They were from the same orphanage. Our families spent the entire 2 weeks together. The Lennards adopted Cheyanne. She was from another province, so we really only spent a week with them. But despite the small amount of time, our families have become very dear friends with one another. Both families met us at the airport in LA when we flew home with Ri. It was a wonderful "reunion". Then, 3 weeks later, the Masyrs made a trip to Ohio and spent a week with us. We LOVED every minute of it.

Well, when I was checking out the price of tickets, knowing we would never be able to do it with 8 people, it dawned on me that we might be able to get just 1 ticket. I called my friend, Christy and presented her with my thought. Since Emily was turning 18, Mark and I wanted to do soemthing special for her. She adores the Masyr family (and the Lennards as well). I asked Christy what she and her husband/family would think of Emily coming to visit on her 18th birthday. They were all for it. They have kept the secret all this time. I have to admit, though, I really wish I could be packed in the suitcase with her! I would LOVE to spend time with Christy! The Lennards have since moved a few extra hours away from where they were when we flew in with Ri. So, Emily will not be able to see them, though she would have loved it!

I was planning on waiting to tell her tomorrow morning when I woke her up at 3:30 in order to catch the plane. But, the kids were surprized today with another day off school due to a storm that came through and knocked out the electricity at the schools. Mark and I decided to tell her this morning so she could get all her school work done and not have to worry about it while she is gone.

Here is the video of her opening her gift. I literally woke her up and handed her a present. She was slightly dazed! I was going to be gone all morning and in order for her to have time before work to do what she needed to do, I had to tell her then. You might want to start half way. SHe is pretty silent during the reading... I think she was so dazed and foggy that she couldn't process it all.



Needless to say, she is THRILLED!!!! We managed to keep the secret, despite the fact that almost everyone she knows knew what was going on!

1 comment:

Wharzutility said...

Articles interesting and useful, This is the first comment, do not delete ok! you may want to take the time to read my article about Find the Cheapest Airline Tickets or Really Cheap Airline Tickets