
Today, my baby turns 18. I can hardly believe it. I thank God for the woman she is becoming. She is full of grace. When she was little, her Mamaw always held her and reminded her that "Beauty is as beauty does". She cherishes that quote. She truly took it to heart. Emily is full of beauty.... not just on the outside, but the beauty on her inside is overflowing. Today, she is celebrating her day in the "land where dreams come true".... at least that is the plan. It really depends on the weather, but as of late last night, that was the plan. If you don't know my 18 year old daughter.... Disney is her dream. She loves just about anything Disney. She is a kid at heart (though mature beyond her years). We are so thankful. We could have a daughter who is into hard Rock, MTV, horror flicks.... you name it, but nope.... she loves JONAS brothers, DISNEY princesses and movies, and High School Musical. We are blessed! Our dear friends have been giving Emily the time of her life. I don't think I have ever heard her so excited. They picked her up at the airport (funny story - she got lost in the LA airport and had to call the Masyrs to come find her) and spent the entire day showing Emily the sights of LA (at least I think that is where they were). They took her to Chinatown and to Hollywood. She walked on the walk of fame (not really sure that is what it is called), had lunch in a very cool restaurant (I can't remember it's name - I will have to ask again), and then had dinner in a Disney Store (unless I misunderstood my daughter). They went to a Disney theatre (I think). And who knows what else they did. Emily was walking on the clouds. We will be forever indepted to our precious friends for giving Emily such a wonderful weekned full of memories. She could come hoome this morning and still have had the most precious birthday of her life. Thank you Evan, Christy, Samantha, Noah, Faith and Luke. Your friendship is beyond words. I only wish I was there with you guys! :)
I got onto Christy's blog and "stole" these pictures. I really wanted to share them with all of you.

Emily seeing Samantha for the first time after she got off the plane.
Here they are at Graumans' Chinese Theatre:

All of the kids together.

I've been dying to get my hands on this little guy! I am so jealous! This is Luke. I haven't been able to hold him yet! :(

Here they are at Disney Soda Fountain:



China Town:

Olvera Street:



No comments:
Post a Comment