Sunday, February 15, 2009






Today, we switch from celebrating Emily's birthday to celebrating Jacobs. He turns 13 today. I can hardly believe it. He is a treasure to us. We were quite shocked to learn that we were expecting our 4th child (in 4 years!). .... but what an incredible blessing he is! We are in awe that God would allow us the privlidge of raising this young man. He is priceless. God has created him in a very unique way. From the time he was in my womb, I felt confident that God's hand was on his life and that He would use Jacob for a mighty purpose. As I watch my son grow and realize that God has wired him differently then many other kids, I am even more confident that God has a mighty plan for his life. I can't wait to see what it is :). Jacob is tender hearted, sensitive, thoughtful, concerned about others. He has a humor that is very dry... but oh so funny when he uses it! He can make you laugh with just his facial expressions.

Unfortunately, it's a little hard to have a birthday that falls the day after Emily's.... especially this year. Jacob is watching Emily celebrate hers in California and at Disneyland, while he is here at home with nothing spectacular. He has handled it great and completely understands. It is more Mama who is concerned. So I am trying my hardest to make it special for him.

No comments: