Monday, February 23, 2009

Our weekend was full, as always. Friday night, Sam played in the pep band for the high school basketball game, Emily worked, Erin spent the night with a friend and Mark and I spent some time with Jacob and the little ones. Jacob loves Psych and Monk, the season finale's were Friday night; since we do not have cable, we loaded up the kids and went to my parents to watch tv. We spent an evening enjoying the shows with Jacob. It was after 11:00 before we walked in the door. The little ones were fast asleep, Mark and Jacob and Sam all headed to bed. Emily had wanted to watch the Pysch from last week (on internet). So, she and I stayed up and watched it together (some girl time). I finally headed to bed around 1:00, only to be woke up by Jacob at 1:30 with a terrible sore throat. I took care him, crawled back in bed around 2:00 or so, only to be woke up by Elizabeth around 4:00 or so. Got her back to sleep, only to be woke up by Ri.. who had to potty.. at 4:30. I crawled back into bed, only to be officially woke up by Elizabeth around 7:00 (a late sleep in).

Saturday, we spent the morning trying to clean some. Erin was suppose to have a soccer game in Coshocton. Mark left to pick her up from referring an upward game. When he grabbed her, they got the news that the game was cancelled. They headed home and Emily headed into Upward for coaching (she coaches cheerleading). Before she got back, I headed in to do a half-time devotion, Sam came with me. I had 2 devos to give. When they were done, we headed home only to discover that Emily, Erin, Ri and Elizabeth were heading to Mamaw's. I made a quick turn and met up with Emily so that Sam could go. When I got home, I had a very sick little boy. Jacob's temp was 102.7 and he was asleep in bed. I was downstairs with Mark when I heard him moving around. I decided I needed to go check on him. I hit the top of the stairs and Jacob met me with a very strange face. He felt as if he was going to get sick. I headed him in the right direction and realized that he was passing out. He went down on his knees VERY hard. I caught his upper body enough that he didn't smack his head on anything. He layed there with a very dazed look. I yelled for Mark and then started yelling at Jacob to try to pull him out of the blank stare. FOr a moment, I thought he might go into some form of convulsions. I grabbed a wash cloth and started cooling him down. He proceeded to get sick. He layed on the floor for several minutes. We finally got him into a bath to cool him down more, only for the water to run out. :( The rest of the night, I didn't leave his side! The next day, he was so miserable that I took him to urgent care. They confirmed what I suspected... strep throat. His tonsils are huge (nearly touching that thing that hangs down). He is still pretty miserable, but I am not concerned about him passing out anymore. Boy do I hate watching that happen!!

Sunday we were blessed by a dear friend who stopped by with his arms loaded down with pizza and pop. He wanted to bless our family. It was so sweet. He is going through some very rough times, yet despite those rough times, he insisted on doing something to bless us. Please pray for this family and that God would continue to provide for their needs.

Well, I need to get back to my wild little ones. Have a blessed day!

No comments: