Friday, May 18, 2007

Saturday morning, Beijing









This is breakfast this morning. Jacob was the first to try this cool fruit. Sam decided to pose so you all could see it. The buffets are incredible here.

well, where do I begin to explain our adventures? First, I think I appropriately called this site Millers Adventures! Wow, what a time we have had getting here. Christy - thanks for updating my blog for me! I have not been able to get to the internet until China.

So, here goes the story. We started out at 3:00 am on Wednesday morning. We waited at the airport an hour and a half to fly to New York. WE arrived there at 8:22 am, only to wait for our next flight (at 4:30) to Beijing. Our luggage was to be transferred by the airlines to the China Air. We waited in the airport until we were able to check in at 1:00. It was then that Mark discovered that our flight was cancelled. Ok, that was the beginning of our journey to China. We had to wait 2 hours to get it all worked out, then we were taken to the Ramada. The airlines were wonderful about it. They gave us 3 hotel rooms and breakfast and dinner buffet for each of us. God was already providing! We were told to check in at 4:30 to findout more details. We were told then that the flight would be at 2:30 the next day. So, we just rested and got a good nights sleep. The really neat thing is that a very dear friend of ours, Jim Conde, was staying at the exact same hotel! We were thrilled to enjoy dinner with him. He was such an encouragment. Well, we all got a great night sleep (which was good because by 1:00 the day of our first travel, Elizabeth was a lunatic due to exhaustion!). Then we discovered that the 2:30 flight was cancelled and we would not catch a flight until 10:30 that night! Ok... let me post this one so that I can catch you all up. I will continue on the next post. That way if Mark and the kids come in, I will at least have a little done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Miller family,
We are eagerly following your blogs and shedding tears every time. How exciting. And we're praying for you dear friends.
Sandy Spitler and family

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin & Emily! I wish i was with you adopting a new brother. I am so excited for you! Ri is so adorable! I'll be praying for you.
love, sarah spitler :)

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like everyone is still smiling after that rough start getting to China. So glad you are finally there and getting Ri in less than 24 hours. I hope Elizabeth is able to settle down for you and am praying for all to go smoothly the rest of the trip and for you to get GOOD rest each night. Can't WAIT to hear about Ri's "Gotcha day"!!!

TJ & Tamara Lennard
Colton, Carson & Cheyanne

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys. Gotcha Day is so soon! I will pray for luggage!

Anonymous said...

Darcy-
My e-mail is down, so I will post on your blog for now. You know, I wish I was there with you. I cant wait to see the little man I have been praying about and that gave me that warm fuzzy feeling every time I thought about you adopting him. Tell Emily all at the pizza shop is excited to know she will get to hold Ri so soon. Thanks for posting so I know you'all are there safely. Talk to you soon. Love you guys so much!