Wednesday, May 30, 2007












As much as I am excited to get home, I am very sad to leave China. This trip has been wonderful. We have seen much. It has been such a joy to walk around the streets of China. I have been amazed at how safe we feel. It has been great for the kids. The experiences they have had will help mold who they are. They have become quite the travelers.

Yes, Emily still feels like she is to teach English here. I am glad to hear that. But as mom, I do not like the thought of my baby living in some of the areas I have seen. I looked hard at some of the housing and it made me quite fearful for her. She will be giving up much to serve the Lord if she is called to come here. Praise God for I know that if He calls her, she will be happy and safe.

Jacob is good. Mamaw - the smiling picture is for you! Ri is leaving his birth country today. It makes me very sad. As much as we hope to allow Elizabeth and Ri to remember their heritage, I know it is impossible to give them what they need to remember it. I have watched Elizabeth while we are here. It is a foreign country to her.

Well, we leave the hotel in 4 hours. I have much to do. We will by flying out of Guangzhou heading to Beijing at 12:50 today. We then catch a flight in Beijing at 8:30 for LA. We land in LA at 5:45 and get to visit with our dear friends who adopted with us last time. I can't wait to see them all! Then we catch a flight at 10:50 LA time and arrive at our airport at 6:14 am on Friday morning (Ohio time).

I can't wait to see everyone! Thanks for following our journey. PLease pray for us as we make this next leg of travel. We will arrive home in 36 hours!

5 comments:

Lynn Cameron said...

As I write this, I'm hoping that you have landed in Ohio and are safely on your way home. Thank you for sharing your family's journey with us- you are quite the amazing bunch! Many, many thanks for meeting up with my sweet boy and for the wonderful photos of him. I so appreciate you!! Hoping for an easy transition back to day-to-day life.

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're all heading back this direction!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Millers!

Wow...you're almost home! I have prayed for you on your journey to bring home your new son. I count it a privilege to be in God's family with you. I have enjoyed the pics so much. I took the opportunity while I was eating supper yesterday to watch a slideshow from Elizabeth's site of all the pics. I'm not sure I got through them all but they were truly heartwarming. You sure know how to show your love in big ways! I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you and I will have a rose with a "baby blue" bow on it ready for this Sunday! Yay!

God bless,
Becky Durbin

Anonymous said...

So glad that you'll be home soon! Can't wait to meet Ri! Have a safe trip home!
Praying for you!!
Vicki Duston

Anonymous said...

Praying for your journey home. Hope you had a good visit in California. Can't wait to see pics on American soil! Love you guys.
the crosse crew