We took off for the airport this morning at 9:30. As we arrived atthe airport, Emily realized that she had left her pillow and her kite and something else she needed. We had to have a bell hop bring it to us. 200 yuan later, she had it in hand. I gave benedryl to Elizabeth in hopes that she would be able to handle the flight. She slept through almost all of it. That truly was a gift. I can safely say that I had been a crazy lunatic this morning. I lost my temper way to often. As I sat on the plane, trying to calm my nerves, I spent the time praying. I realized that I was nervous / scared about our 6th child. It must have all come to a head this morning for me.
We landed in Fouzou at 2:14 only to not be able to locate our guide. We waited until all the luggage was picked up and then stood looking around, not knowing what to do. Well, Mark headed to try to figure out how to use a phone. Em noticed someoone running into the airport. It was our guide. We were quite relieved to see her. We then drove an hour to the hotel. We were told on the way that Ri would be at the hotel when we got there. We certainly were not prepared for that. But nothing has gone how we thought so far, why would today be any different?
Once we got here, we put our luggage in the room, grabbed paperwork and headed to meet our son. He was on the 3rd floor (we are on the 6th). We walked in and there he sat on the lap of his ayi. I think he looked at us and had no clue what to think, but the closer we got, the more upset he got. He cried his little heart during the time we were in the room. Thanks to the efforts of all the kids, he has since settled down and even gave us a couple of smiles. Well, I am exhausted, but praising God.
I will fill you in later on how he is doing. He is wonderful and much bigger then I expected. For all of you who are wondering how Elizabeth is.... she loves him. She wants to do everything he does and even climbed up beside him in bed to watch tv.
4 comments:
Hi Guys,
Ri is adorable! We are praying for all of you, as you get to know Ri and he gets to know you. You are all incredibly blessed. We love you!
God Bless,
The Masyrs
Oh, he is amazing! We are praying for his comfort level to grow around you. It is wonderful that your kids are there to help ease Ri. I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I know how hard it is to post and do everything else that you have going on there. Kiss those sweet cheeks from the Crosse crew.
praying for a peaceful night for your family...
renee c.
He is absolutely beautiful. Mamaw and I both took pictures of Paul Liu Ri Chen to church to show people. He was rightfully gushed over. Can't wait to hold him!
Love, Uncle Paul
I've been out of town and without a computer. We just got home and checked out what happened over the weekend. WOW! He is sooo beautiful! On the way home yesterday, I got really excited and hollered out to Tim "Oh my gosh! The Miller's get Ri today!" I couldn't wait to get to this website and see the pictures and all. Although I was so tired last night when we got home I decided to check the website this morning.
I absolutely loved the story about the man pointing at the kids and laughing and giving them the thumbs up. In fact, it made me cry!
I love your writing. I suspected Elizabeth had the camera for several of those pictures I looked at....haha! Sure enough, there she was holding the camera in one of the shots...LOL! I love it!
Jennifer
Post a Comment