Sunday, May 20, 2007

It is 5:04 am and both our little ones are still sleeping. I thought I would share a bit with everyone. But before I do, if you are following and get a chance... please email me! My heart aches to hear from "home". My email address is: jesuspaidmywages@yahoo.

First of all, I will share about little Paul Liu Ri Chen. He is a sweetheart. He is not as small as I expected. In fact, at times I think he seems much bigger in size then Elizabeth. When I pick him up, he ssems to be more dense and heavier. But, he is definitely shorter! He has many spots on his feet that appear to itch him. I think they may be bug bites, but I am not so sure. He still has diarhea, but it is not frequent. We were told to be very careful of what we feed him. I still have not figured out if they mean because of his "flu" or because of him in general. Unfortunately, though our guide is very, very sweet, English does not seem to come very easy for her. We have mixed up what eachother are saying very often. So I am not sure that she quite understands some of our questions. That is ok though, God has all those answers and in time, we will know them.

I was very surprised at his scar on his chest. I was expecting something pretty severe, but it is so much better! I was thrilled for him. Not quite sure what I was expecting, but I was happy to see how mild it was compared to that. He has adorable eyes. The paperwork that the gave me with his finding ad on it states that he has double eyelids. I have no clue what that means and frankly can't see it if he still does. He seems to have calmed down quite a bit and feels pretty ok with his family. We have allowed all the kids to hold him. He screamed on everyone, but after a minute, he would calm down. Mark was he first to get him to feel comforatable. But.. then Mark had to do paperwork and I became the chief caregiver. After that, he was broken to go to Marks arms. I was holding to babies and Mark just simply felt bad for me. I felt bad for Mark since I know that Ri felt most comfortable with him first. So I told him to just take Ri anyways. He did and then took him on a walk. It was no time that he stopped screaming. I decided that he just needs to feel comfortable with both of us.

He fell asleep in his crib with me rubbing his head. He is a thumb sucker, my first one! Erin really got him to smile and then belly laugh. Erin thinks his laugh is an evil sounding laugh. We crack up at it. When he walks, at least yesterday, his legs do not bend. We finally figured out that we think it is because his pants are so big that that was the only way to keep them from falling off. :) I saw him try to run for something and it appeared that his legs bent just fine. We will see today.

Well everyone is waking up, so I need to get going. I can't wait to tell you more and share with you about the city. It appears to be much more rural... though the view from our hotel is incredible!!! I will post a picture of it as soon as I can. I am serious, I have never had a better view from a hotel room.

For those wondering... Elizabeth seems to really like her new brother. But, last night she woke up whining to go home. :(

I'm with Renee.... There is something so special about traveling with others. We really built such a great bond with you guys! I miss you guys! Please keep writing. I long to hear from everyone.

3 comments:

Kelly G. said...

Hey Millers!
It looks like the word "adventures" in the title of the blog was sure a good choice... :-) What an interesting start to this trip!! Congratulations on getting your son! Ri is so incredibly handsome!! I can't wait for Sara to have the chance to meet him upon your return! She wanted to keep looking at his picture on the blog site.
I can't tell you how reading your blog made my heart ache to go back to China for another blessing for us, but it is not to be. I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip when you get back. What size clothes does Ri wear?? Sara may want to pick out something special for him..... :-)
I pray for his "bug bites" and upset tummy to get better, and for the health and safety of all of you during this trip! We'll be anxious to read of more "adventures" (but lets keep them fun and safe!!!!).
Hugs and love to all,
Kelly G.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Millers! This is the Perry's writing. We've been watching each day and rejoicing with you. God is good, and again, Ri's face is another reminder (as was Elizabeth's) that the Holy Spirit's leadings are true and will be carried to completion if we obey and trust Him! We'll continue to pray. Surely, your hands are extremely full. Say hello to all the blonde AND brunette Miller kids, & give them a big Perry group hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darcy, and family,
We are so excited for you and praying for you continually. I check email regularly to see what's happening now. It seems like we may be following in your footsteps in the next year! What a heart we have for these precious lives and those beautiful eyes! What a difference in Ri in 24 hours! Just think how he'll be in one week, then one month!!!
We love you guys!
Sandy Spitler and family