Monday, May 28, 2007

Medical Exam











Well, we have had quite an interesting day. Ri had his medical exam and passed. He didn't like it much, but he handled himself well. He measured 33 inches and weighed 23.4 pounds. He still has a heart murmur, though we were not surprised. We were told that before we came to China. The doctor said it was not serious, but we should have him seen when we get to the states. I kind of giggled simply because that is one of the first things we are planning to do.

What made the day interesting is why I am asking for more prayer. Jacob is having a very hard time. I will not go into details simply for his sake. But he has me very concerned. At one point, I wondered if we should get him to a doctor, but we are tring to ride it out. He is in a lot of pain, so please pray for him. And Ri is spending more time with cramps and thinking he has to go to the bathroom, so we are on the potty ALL the time. He sits and tries, then gets off, walks 2-3 steps and locks his knees and starts whining.... so we put him back on the potty. After 15-20 minutes of this,and several successes during that time, we are finally finished... only to start the process all over again 1/2 hour later. Ri also has a funny spot on his leg that is beginning to look bad, we aren't sure what it is, but it seems to be getting worse as the day goes on. And now, Emily is feeling sick too. So.. we have had 3 kids not doing so well. We could use some prayer. I really do not want to have to take any of them to the doctor here. I discovered there is a clinic at the White Swan Hotel and there is a Western Clinic at the Garden Hotel. We will see how Jacob is tomorrow morning. We may have no choice by then.

We are counting down the days. We only have 3 nights left ... boy it is hard to believe. I feel like this trip has gone by very quickly. I am glad for that, and in an odd way, very sad for that. Again, I am faced with the fact that China is a part of 2 of our children's lives. It makes me sad to take them away from that.

We have spent a lot of time on Shaimen Island.

No comments: