Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New York! New York!

Mark warned me and the kids that this trip would be really different than Elizabeth's adoption trip. He wasn't kidding! So, here we sit in New York City in three rooms at the Ramada. We are not flying to China today, as our flight was canceled. Air China has put us up in a Hotel tonight. I love God's sense of humor. For reasons unknown to us, he has chosen to keep us in New York City. We fly out tomorrow at 2:30 PM (eastern) and will arrive in Beijing 13 hours later, which is 3:30 AM Ohio time. Please, pray for Elizabeth, as she is already crying for home and has had her first very long and hard meltdown of the trip.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm praying for alot of things.

Also, when things get in your way and when things slow you down or stop you for a time, praise God. It just might be that He is protecting you from something horrible.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh my - in my mind I can't imagine Mark enjoying anything less than a night in New York City! Luke and I prayed for all of you last night but didn't expect this! We'll continue and hope that all of you are soon forgetting the roadblocks and just enjoying time with the entire family! Godspeed Miller Family!

Louwana

Anonymous said...

Millers, I was so very pleased to get you alls E-mail and the up date of the expanding Miller family as they travel once again to China. Sorry I have not returned your call since Paule died. As much as I wanted to call you I could not bring myself to dump all my grief. I am so thrilled to have the Millers positive life unfold on my computer screen. Thanks, may our Lord continue to watch over each of you and keep you safe. I love you and miss you very much. Jennell Schmidt

Anonymous said...

Hello friends!!

God is always protecting and guiding...even when things don't go the way we have planned.:) Jerimiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." The Lord woke me up early morning and I immediately began praying for you. Isn't He awesome!!! I also dreamed about Ri...he had long, thick black curly hair! ha ha We are excited and thankful again!!!! We look forward to hearing from you. Love you all, Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Darcy,
Thanks for the "promised" picture! It looks like a whole travel group :-)
I hope you are reading this safe and sound in China now. I was watching my cell phone last night around 9:30 (10:30 NY time) willing it to NOT ring!
Betty