There have been so many moments lately in which God has opened my eyes to see HIm. He has restored a very precious relationship, revealed to me some things about myself that I hadn't come to grips with, allowed me to meet the candidate pastor and his wife on a day when I could actually talk with him and share with him things about Emily, delivered a care package to my girl the moment she needed it, and the latest..... gave me a webcam so that I can see my baby girl!
On the day that I was really struggling with not being with Emily, our youth pastors wife called and asked me if I was in town because she had something for me. I told her no, but Erin was and I would have her swing by after band (9:15pm). At 10:00, I saw the gift sitting on the counter top. I opened it up and nearly broke down. It was incredible. A webcam so that I could make calls to Emily and see her while I talked with her. It was unbelievable and something I so desparately wanted to do. So I sat down and installed it (all on my own.. which is an incredible task for someone who totally depends on her computer man!). By midnight, I had it all installed but had no clue how to use it. So I gave up. The next day, our youth pastor called and wanted to surprise Jacob and take him out to eat. What perfect timing! Jacob and I had had a very rough morning and Jacob was not feeling the best about himself. Matt wanted to surprise Jacob...what a perfect blessing! While he was here, he finished getting me set up. And before they got back, I was talking with my girl! What a precious gift!!! I LOVED seeing my baby. One of the first things I did was have her show me her hands. It was a joy to see her hands not shaking (at least no more then usual). She looked GREAT!!!!! Oh how wonderful it was to experience.
On a side note... I am thankful for God's faithfulness and how often he brings my thoughts back to HIm. I am not so angry or bitter at Em's dorm mom. Life is not all about me nor is it all about my daughter... Em's dorm mom has been in the process of taking 4 classes, raising 3 kids of her own, being "mom" to 30 or more girls, teaching classes (she is a professor as well), and putting out every fire that comes her way. I am thankful for the love that she has given Emily and all that she has done to help her in other ways. She is there for the girls and I am very glad for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment