Monday, September 28, 2009










Saturday, the rain poured down most of the day. Erin traveled nearly 2 hours for a soccer game, only to have the match canceled due to lightening. I spent the day cleaning out the "dungeoun" (our basement's unfinished area) and Mark spent the day cleaning the garage and working around the house. It was one of those days that isn't very exciting, but quite fulfilling when it is finally done. I have been waiting a long time for a "yucky" day to arrive so I could do it.

Jacob and Em had difficult weekends. This time, it was more on the side of feelings and emotions. SOmetimes, things just aren't the way we would like them to be and it is a little more challenging to work through. So, if you think of it, please pray for them. Sam and Erin are completely exhausted. Erin is on overload with soccer and homework. Sam has been dealing with 3 games a week and is pushing his limit. As much as I enjoy them playing, I am looking forward to a break for both of them. I can't remember the last time we sat down as a family for dinner. We use to never miss a meal together, now we rarely sit at the table and are on the run most of the evenings.

As for the little ones, they are growing like crazy! Ri is at least an inch taller then Elizabeth now. I can hardly believe it. She has him beat in pounds though. I think we are beginning our first bouts of colds around here. The chilly air at night might be the culprit. But outside of the running noses and Elizbeth beginning to develop a cough, they are healthy.

We get to see my girl in less then 2 weeks. I am so very, very excited! Until then, we will keep on plugging away. The leaves are falling (very quickly it seems), so the evenings might be tied up even more with soccer games and raking. That will help the time go by quickly. Wednesday is the homecoming bonfire. Erin is on the court, so we will all be there for her. Friday is the homecoming game and then Saturday is the big dance. It will be another full week!

No comments: