Thursday, September 3, 2009

Elizabeth and Ri began AWANA last night at our church. They are officially Cubbies... and absolutely thrilled to be a Cubby! We are excited to see the program. They have wonderful leaders who truly do love them (Vicki... that's you, you know!)

Sam and Erin are just as busy as last week. Monday, Sam had a game and then went straight to band practice. Erin has practice and then stayed in town for band. They got home at 9:30. Tuesday, Sam and an away game and Erin had a home game. It took Erin home at 9:30 only to get a call from Sam on my way home to let me know he needed a ride home as well. A good friend on his team, who has helped out with Sam's rides, was injured. They thought he might have torn his ACL, but after going to the doctor yesterday, it may be his PCL (I think that is it and it is better to tear then the ACL). Please pray for him. It is his senior year and he had lots of high hopes for colleges to see him play. He is also the kicker for our football team. Anyway - I droppe Erin off and turned around to get Sam. We got home after 10:15 or so. Elizabth adn Ri went to both the JV and Varsity games. By 9:00, Elizabeth was more then ready to go home and whining quite a lot. As I stood talking to a good friend/coach, she fell asleep on my shoulder. The game still had 15 minutes to go! My arms and back were very sore by the end! Yesterday, Erin and Sam had practice and then went straight to church. Erin had a bible study with some friends before church and Sam just hung out. They didn't make it home until 9:00. Tonight, Sam has a home game. Erin will want to stay and watch the games; so another late night.

Emily is doing well. She is realizing how much work comes with college classes. I am so proud of her and how hard she is working at keeping up. She is even trying to work ahead! Way to go, girl! This morning, she posted on facebook: When did things change? :( So.... something is up... just pray for her. God knows whatever it is that she needs or is struggling with. She still absolutley loves BBC!

I am thoroughly enjoying Jacob being home this school year. I see so much more joy in him and I feel like he and I are finally beginning to be like we use to be. I think we both needed this special time together! I praise God for that... but I need prayer that Jacob can learn what he needs to learn. I realized yesterday that some of this is so far over my head (or at least it will take so much energy to learn it all over again) that it kind of scares me. His intellect is far greater than mine!

No comments: