Saturday, September 26, 2009

That's my girl! Oh how I miss her!! College life sure seems to do her well :)


Karis and Emily
Dezra and Emily. Dezra was one of the friends who took care of Emily when she had the spell that sent her to the ER. She missed classes and practically the entire day to be with her. I am forever grateful.
Tony is the other friend who sacrificed his day to take care of Emily. By God's grace, Tony had his car on campus last week. He drove Emily and Dezra to the hospital and never left. Only one could be in the room with Emily, so they took turns. I am so thankful for the friendship that they have.

Thanks to Dezra and Karis, I am able to get a few pictures of my girl. I am so thankful to the wonderful friends that EMily has made. Thanks to the webcam, I have been able to "meet" several of them. She is doing well. Because many of her good friends are gone for the weekend, I am hoping she will catch up on some sleep (though I noticed she was on facebook at 1:30 last night!) I am really hoping that the lack of sleep has been attributing to her shaking incidences. Maybe if she gets a little more, things will slow down for her.

As for life around the Miller home? It is chaos as usual. Erin and Sam both had away games in the pouring down rain Thursday. I am trying to make it to as many of Erin's as possible since this is her last year. It has been a difficult season for her, so I want to be there to encourage her as much as I can. So... I chose to go to Erin's. Mark stayed home to watch the little ones. By the end of the game, I was soaked from toe to rear-end. It was crazy... but so much fun. There is something cool about sitting in the pouring rain watching kids play soccer. I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy it. Unfortunately, they lost again.

Mark's knee is recovering nicely. Ri is coming down with a cold (I think). I will be anxious to see how this plays out. In the 2 1/2 years that he has been with us, I only remember one time when he was sick and it only lasted an evening. For the first year, he had a continuous runny nose, but never a bad cough. It amazes me. He truly has been the healthiest of our 6 kids. It cracks me up. He's our "special needs" kid. I am so thankful.

I am so thankful to the pastor and his wife who are candidating for the Senior Pastor position at our home church. Joan (his wife) has stopped by 3 days to see Emily. She has brought her small gifts each time. THe last one was an adorable pumpkin to put in her room. SHe also left a card. I giggled because Joan has missed Emily all 3 times. The last note mentioned how they were anxious to meet the "mystery girl". Emily is so anxious to meet them as well. The school has arranged a neurologist appointment for Emily for Oct 9th at 2:30. Amazingly, that is the day that we are coming to visit her! Unfortunately, we can not leave until Erin has her official photo taken of her signing her letter of intent to play for Houghton COllege. The only day that they can do it is on Oct 9th. So we are hoping we can get it done very early and leave immediately and run into very little things that may slow us down. Joan and Tony (the Pastor and his wife) have offered to take her and be with her to ask the right questions for us if we can not make it in time. I am so grateful! Emily's friend, Tony has offered to take her as well. Oh how God has been so gracious to our family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing the pics of Emily and her friends. It brings me back to my college days. Praising the Lord that you are going to be with her on 10/9. It will be good for both of you,even if you cannot make the appointment. Also, thanking God for Joan (and her husband) and the friends Emily has made. God is good!

Unknown said...

I also wanted to Congratulate Erin. Way to Go Girl! You are one rockin soccer player. We(especially Evan, Sam and I)would love to see Erin play. Sam's goal is to be like Erin. Congrats!!