Just a shot of the gorgeous sunset I saw on the way home from a game last night. Sam had another game. He scored! It is always fun to watch them score.
Things are changing a bit for Emily. I was suppose to be bringing Emily and her roommate home today. Her roommate had a doctors appointment in Ohio that she needed to be at, so we decided to make an appointment for Emily to have an MRI taken (we were advised to have one done sooner rather then later) I made the appointment and Emily was VERY excited to come home and see everyone. Unfortunately, somewhat unexpectedly, circumstances changed and her roommate will be moving home today. Please pray for her. She is a beautiful child of the Lord and a precious friend to Emily. Despite her deep desire to stay at BBC, God has different plans. Emily will miss her and I am confident that today is going to be a very difficult day for both of the girls. So my day yesterday changed quite drastically. Instead of traveling to BBC, I traveled to Millersburg and met with Emily's roommates father and delivered "gifts" for Emily. She needed some winter clothes and Mark and I sent a "care package" of goodies/snacks/etc. We are hoping that the "gifts" will bring a smile to her heart.
We are trusting that Erin will make a commitment this week to the college she would like to play for. She has made her decision, now she just needs to let the coach know. I will fill you in when she does.
Jacob has been on a mission trip with his Uncle all week. They traveled to West Virginia and helped build a wheel chair ramp and some other work. He seems to be enjoying the experience. I can't wait to hear all the details.
Yesterday, when I was planning to drive the 7 1/2 hours to BBC, Elizabeth was coming with me and Ri was planning on staying with Mamaw. I was talking with them about it. THey had both chosen what they wanted to do. Then Ri looked, seriously, at me and stated: "I'm staying at Mamaw's so I don't tease Elizabeth". That made me giggle. Elizabeth sweetly smiled and queitly said "he won't tease me". I think she really wanted him to come with us. Elizabeth then said to me "I will stay with Ri so he won't be scared". Ri responded with "yeah, I need Elizabeth so I am not alone". At that point, I was simply blessed to hear them talking about each helping each other. Then I reminded Elizabeth how she really wanted to come with me (she is somewhat in a clingy stage again). She smiled real broad and announced "I was only teasing you. I want to stay with Ri at Mamaw's.". Well, it was settled, they were staying with Mamaw. So for 2 hours, every 5 minutes, they asked me when they were going to Mamaw's house and announced very firmly that they wanted to go NOW! I hadn't decided if I would wait until today to go or if I was going yesterday, so I kept putting them off as to when we were going to Mamaw's. Then I got the call that all plans had changed quite unexpectedly. I told the kids that I wasn't going, but they insisted they still were. So... after a call to Mamaw's, we made a trip to her house and they both spent the night.
It is exciting to watch God work. Sometimes, it is very confusing and somethng I can't figure out... but oh so good when you hold onto Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment