It is finally getting warmer in our little town. Yesterday it was above freezing. I can't remember when the last time that was. We have been experiencing way below 0 lately. A few days ago, it was actually reading thirty below (wind chill). Crazy! I was really hoping that the warm weather would melt the snow enough to build another sculpture. The kids and I are really looking forward to making Master Shifu and Tigress. It just didn't happen yesterday. But, today it is suppose to reach in the 40's so maybe we will be in store for some good "snowman" snow.
Ri went back to preschool yesterday. He hasn't been in a nearly a month. I wasn't sure how he would handle it. The whole way there he kept proudly telling me that he was a big boy and "I not cry". He was so excited to see his friends again. Sadly, though, when we got there, his steps got closer and closer together. By the time we reached the door, he was holding onto my leg. I stayed for a little while and walked with him to the gym. He buried his feet into the ground and refused to go further. I coaxed him and he decided he would try. So he took steps that amounted to an inch movement. Finally, the teacher grabbed ahold of his hand and tried to walk around the gym with the other kids. Elizabeth and I left. I watched for a little while. He struggled with just about every step, but eventually he warmed up. When I picked him up, he was smiling and holding a box of pizza (they went to pizza hut for a field trip). Elizabeth and I had a great morning together. We spent an hour at the library reading books and snuggling. Then we went to her favorite place to buy "chicken boneless".... Walmart. Beleive it or not, their favorite "treat" is to go to Walmart and buy the small BBQ boneless wings. The kids call them "chicken boneless". We are "regulars" at the counter. Elizabeth ALWAYS gets 4 small pieces and Ri either gets 4 of the boneless wings or a small cup of the popcorn chicken. Mark took them the other day and the lady at the counter reminded him what the kids normally order because he had ordered it different then they normally get it. I couldn't believe it. It cracked me up.
The next birthday on the list is Emily's. She will be turning 18 on Valentines Day and JAcob will turn 13 the day after.
Here are a few more pictures from Ri's birthday. I just hadn't had a chance to post them:
No comments:
Post a Comment