Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We've had a little snow lately. Today, when Sam got home from his midterms, we went out to make Shifu to go along with Po. Unfortunately, by the time we got everyone dressed and outside, the packing part was over and we just couldn't do it. But we have definitely decided that the next sculpture will be Shifu. He should be pretty easy. As we started to head in, we noticed the drive and thought we'd lend a hand to Daddy. Sam was a great help! The little ones pitched in as well. We didn;t complete our task simply because of how bitter cold it was.



I wish that I could sit and really soak up the gifts that God has given me. Instead, life grabs ahold of me and I tend to only see the moment I am in. Far too often, that moment is the chaos of life or the mess made by 6 kids or something to that effect. A moment ago, though, I turned my head to see Ri sitting watching tv. For a moment, just a moment, it almost took my breath away. He was so sweet, so tender looking, so innocent to the world and all that awaits him. His eyes sparkle and his giggle is contagious. For a brief moment, the world was lost. And at this moment, my little boy stands holding onto my chair, jumping up and down and giggling. When I stop to smile and look into his eyes, he giggles and says "I love you". Now that is the type of gift I wish I soaked up and took the time to enjoy! It's those precious "gifts" that make every moment worth while.

And to think.. I have 6 kids that offer me those precious gifts through out my day. It makes me wonder why I ever let myself become bitter and angry. If I would only stop and look, somewhere in my house.... even in the midst of the chaos, the stress, the things that set me off... if I would just stop and take my eyes off of the moment and look around... I would rejoice in the gifts that God has laid before me and the moment of unhappiness would be washed away!

Today, the Sam, Erin, and EMily all have midterms. Our schedule is, once again, crazy. Emily and Sam had midterms first thing, but Erin did not until 9:30. We have a young friend who needs to catch the bus at our house every morning. This morning, the bus never came, so we all loaded up to take him into school. When we got there, we discovered that there was a 2 hour delay. We would never have imagined that since the high school/middle school kids had a normal day. So Erin and Megan (our little guys sister) got dropped off earlier then they should have, but in time for their exam. Sam wasn't done until 9:30, but made plans to go to Burger King with a bunch of kids. He needs picked up. I said no until I found out that I am stuck in town do to the 2 hour delay! So, I am sitting at my parents waiting (again) for time to go by. Erin and Emily are done at 1:45, but Erin has to go to an elementary school for a buddy program she is volunteering for. That doesn't begin until 3:30. Emily works at 3:00. So from 1:45 - 3:00, the girls will hang out in town. Em will drop Erin off and then head to work. I will have to pick Erin up at 4:30. I shared the schedule with you just to give an idea why, at times, the chaos of my life gets the best of me.

We are in the thick of college stuff. It is "deadline" time for many things; scholarships, applications, etc. Right now, her hope and dream is to attend Baptist Bible College in Clark Summitt Pennsyvlania. She has been accepted. But... it is something she has to be praying about. Her desire is to attend a school that she can recieve a diploma in Elementary Education as well as be trained in missions to teach English as a secondary language (China). BBC certainly matches up to what her dream is, now she just needs to figure out the finances. So we are pursuing every avenue we can find to help her reach that dream; primarily laying it before the Lord.

WEll, my time is ending and I need to begin my running around again. Have a blessed day. May you see God's face everywhere you look!

No comments: