The kids were watching 3-2-1 Penguins this morning when I heard Grandma telling the kids they needed to take turns. Instead of yelling at them, she quietly stopped them and then remembered a scripture from the Bible. It was:
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly. (Proverbs 14:29) That verse really drew my attention. It seems that so often I find my self being quick-tempered. Then, with nothing but anger and frustration, I come down hard on my kids for their quick-temperedness towards one another. It really shouldn't surprise me that they are that way, especially if I am the example they have. I use to be very patient, but far too often... now-a-days... I find myself getting angry and harsh. I easily attributed it mostly to having 2 toddlers, a preteen and 3 teenagers... and being exhausted. But the honest truth of the matter is that my walk with the Lord tends to be shoved aside with the chaos of the days. When I open the word of God and spend time with Him, I tend to be much more patient and kind.
Yesterday, the kids and I spent some time at the playground while we were waiting for Sam's game to begin. Here are a few pictures from it:




This picture is a result of our letter Gg hunt. The other day, we found the letter G, but not the g. I have to admit, I wasn't able to find a very good g.... so I fudged this one. I am working on finding a natural one. I found a couple that might have worked...but they were stretches of my imagination. You know - Mark is beginning to think I'm sick. I think I agree. I can't go on a walk anymore without looking for a letter somewhere in nature. I look more at the shapes of trees, the bark in trees, leaves, rocks, bugs, flowers... it's crazy!

While we were on our letter Gg walk, Elizabeth suddenly pretended that their were wolves. AFter a while of pretending to attack the wolves, she decided to be one. Here is the prettiest wolf I've ever seen. ;)
1 comment:
Hi Darcy! This is Sam Masyr!! Check out my website sometime: www.samanthacentral.blogspot.com
I'm just getting started but I felt like I wanted someplace to record my feelings! I LOVE your webstite! I look at it all the time! It's great!!!
Post a Comment