It was a very busy weekend with all the homecoming activities. We started Friday night with a band performance and the announcing of the homecoming court on the downtown square during the First Friday activities. Then we had the big homecoming game with the presentation of the homecoming court. Aunt Susan, Uncle Ed, Frieda, and Uncle Paul made it to the First Friday events, then Mamaw, Papaw, Uncle Paul, and Grandpa all made it to the homecoming game. Saturday was filled with getting ready for the big dance. We picked up the flowers for Erin and Sam's escorts. Mark surpised Emily and presented her with a wrist corsage. He was precious when he gave it to her. He told her that if anyone asked who gave her the flowers, she was to say "the man who loves me more then anyone in this world gave them to me." It was very sweet. The night was hectic trying to take pictures for all 3 kids (at 3 different homes)... but we succeeded with a few. Then, on SUnday morning, our precious son came home!!! Yeah! We picked him up at the airport and then took him to Mamaw's. It was so good to see his smiling face. He had the time of his life. Thanks for the prayers and support. I will post pictures from his trip a little later. Right now, here are some from the Friday and SAturday activities.
.JPG)
What a sweet smile. The marching band marched at the First Friday activities before Homecoming.
.JPG)
Mamaw said she's the prettiest one on the court... I agree (though we are kind of biases :) All the girls are beautiful. I just love this picture because of her smile.
.JPG)
I love having a good picture of Erin and her Daddy. This one is simple and sweet. It was taken just before Erin was escorted in the convertable.
.JPG)
Emily was so excited for Erin to be on the court. I am so proud of her. If I had anything to do with it, Emily would have been the queen :)
.JPG)
Erin asked my Dad to drive her around the track. He was very excited to do it for her. A good friend from church was gracious to lend us a car from his dealership.
.JPG)
I love this picture. Emily did a great job taking pictures for us.
.JPG)
Daddy and I had the honor of escorting our daughter on to the field.
At halftime, we escorted Erin across the field. She was finally able to change from her band uniform into a nice dress outfit. It was funny to see 3 of the girls in band uniforms!

One of my favorite things about the homecoming dances is seeing my kids dress up. Emily smiles from ear to ear. I think the funnest thing for the girls is spending time getting all ready. She and a friend spent the morning doing each other's hair. We then headed out to take some pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment