Friday, October 3, 2008

I spoke with Jacob last night and he sounds GREAT!! I think he is enjoying every minute of it and soaking it all up! He had to give a speech on his bus. He is running for President (I think it might be bus President, but I really couldn't understand). Talk about a child changing! Wow! I am so proud of him!

Yesterday, they went to Williamsburg and Jamestown. THey were up at 5:00 and took a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there. He really enjoyed it. Today, they are visiting Capital Hill. Evidently, I have had his scheduled all messed up (it must have changed once they got to the Forum). He is very excited about it. He tried to tell me what they were going to hear, but I was a Erin's soccer game and at that moment, Erin was trying to get my attention and both little ones were very, very tired and whiney. I never did quite understand him, but I think it has to do with the budget stuff.

He sounds incredible. He seems to be joking about his roommates now, which means that he likes them. I think he still isn't real thrilled with his faciiitator, but that's ok. He has taken over 300 pictures - that shocked me. I don't think he has ever taken many pictures before. He was excited because he figured out how to zoom in. (The simple things that I take for granted. ... I had forgotten to explain anything about the camera before he left :( - I am proud of him for figuring it all out on his own!)

On the home front, last night, at Erin's game, she took a big blow to her shoulder. I saw her go down and instantly grab her shoulder. Erin doesn't show pain at all... if she can avoid it. She refuses to stop if she can go on. This time, she laid there holding her shoulder and almost rocking back and forth. I just glued my eyes to her trying to figure out what happened. The coach ran out to her and the trainer came on to the field. Evidentally, when she fell, she fell on her elbow, which pushed her shoulder up. She felt a pop and then her shoulder locked into a position that was pushed forward and she couldn't move it. It freaked her out, both the pain and the look of it. When the trainer push on her shoulder, it popped back. She moved her arm around for a little while and told her coach she was ready to go back in. Her coached looked at me and asked me to go get one of the kids' parent. He is a doctor. The coach wasn't about to put Erin in until he knew it was ok. The doctor looked at her shoulder and felt like she probably had partially dislocated it. HE was afraid that if she went back in and hit that shoulder, it might really cause damage. He felt she needed to see an orthopedic today. Well, she woke up and is sore, but has full range of the shoulder. We are trying to figure out if she should be seen now or not.

In the meantime, tonight is the big homecoming game. She needs to be ready for all the activities. The homecoming court will be presented during the First Friday festivites. Following that, they meet at the stadium and will be driven around the track in convertables. They will be announced before the game and during halftime. Hopefully, her shoulder will be fine and she won't be in any kind of sling or anything.

No comments: