A Quote from Ri.... "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...... Aunt Susan... Aunt Susan... Susan?? Susan?? Aunt Susan's not there.....SUSAN!!! Bye."
That was the phone call we made this morning. Aunt Susan did not answer, so I had Elizabeth sing her a song. She sang Happy Birthday very well and then told her she loved her. Then Ri grabbed the phone (so sweet) and sang the above quote. It was very funny. He was very confused as to why Aunt Susan didn't talk to him.
He cracks me up. When he is done talking, he simply pushes the button and hangs up on whoever he is talking to. Yesterday, he was talking to his Mamaw and said to her something like this: "I'm busy now, can I call you back" and then either hung up or gave the phone to someone else. I am not sure which. It was very comical.
Oh how I wish I would remember the silly things they say to write them down. It is so funny to listen to them. Yesterday, Elizabeth introduced us to Chatter. Chatter is the mascot at our VBS. Elizabeth loves him and now insists that he is at our house playing with her. It is so cute. Obviously, he is in her imagination. Oh how her imagination is igniting lately!
On another note, a very good friend had recommended the DVD The Letter Factory. Ri and Elizabeth have enjoyed watching it several times. I handed Elizabeth a square with a picture of Pooh on it and the letter P. I have done this several times for months and rarely do either one of the kids tell me the correct letter (unless it is an A or B). Yesterday she quickly told me it was a P. Then I asked her what it sounded like (I usually ask this question, never expecting the right answer). She proceeded with the CORRECT sound for P... without even thinking about it. I was so shocked! I then asked her to show me several letters... she knew everyone! And to top it off... she could make the sound of almost every one of the letters I asked! I was blown away! Ri knew many of the letters and was able to tell me some of the sounds. He is a little behind her on picking things up (colors, shapes, letters, etc). ... but that was standard with my boys compared to the girls.
Well, things have begun to get full swing at our house this morning... so enjoy your day. We are off to play. Aunt Susan... WE LOVE YOU!!! You are, most definitely, the best Aunt in the whole world!!!!!! Happy Birthday. May you be as blessed on your birthday as you bless our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment