So, I am told, tomorrow will bring another day. Sunday, our Pastor preached his last message to our church family. It was a message that I think I needed to hear. To sum it up, he said "The God of our yesterdays is the same God of our tomorrows." Now, I think you probably needed to hear to whole message to really understand that statement.... but, it meant a great deal to me. To me, it reminded me that God is alive. He is real. He is the same as He was when he took care of the Israelites. When they faced Pharoah and his army behind them and the Red Sea before them... when they felt they were trapped and there was no way out, God was there.
God never promised that things would be easy just because I trust Him or just because I am obedient to Him. He only promised that He would be faithful and that He would never leave me nor forsake me. So, today, I hold this promise even dearer then I use to. I was reminded on Sunday of that truth. There are many times I need that reminder, but it seems that this is the season in which I needed it more.
No comments:
Post a Comment