
2 days ago, Erin and Jacob decided to ride their bikes to their Mamaw's house. By car, it takes 30 minutes to get there. They had to go back roads, so the trip was a little longer in miilage then if we traveled by car. I wish I had measured it. The kicker was, it was raining the entire trip. I found them wondering in a small town. The road I had told them to take was not marked, so both they and I missed it. When I found them, I anticipated putting them in the van and taking them to Mamaw's. THey were drenched... in every way possible. But they both were smiling ear to ear. They knew they had missed the road and were heading back to get it. I figured out an easier way for them to go and went on ahead, waiting for a phone to call to come get them. Nope! They made the entire trip on bikes. We were so proud of them. It took them 2 1/2 hours.


Ri's first experience with a sparkler. The expression on his face tells it all. Elizabeth, on the other hand, doesn't care too much for them. She is hiding behind my back right now.

Now this is a priceless picture. We were picking berries and I heard Ri say I have to give mom a flower. He marched to where I was.. on a mission. He had picked this flower and insisted on handing it to me. So sweet!


We have been going through a ton of things looking for items for the kids to sell at a garage sale. Amidst the stuff, Erin found a cow outfit that Mamaw had made Emily when Emily was Elizabeth's age. It was precious to see Elizabeth walking around in it. It brought back a flood of memories.


Our double fisted "berry beast".....

Who can't get enough!!
No comments:
Post a Comment