Sunday, July 27, 2008

A lot will happen on August 3rd. Mark and I will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary and Erin will be turning 16. Her dearest friend planned a surprise party for her on Friday night. I think she was totally surprised. We all enjoyed a wonderful evening of fun. I can't believe my precious girl will be turning 16.
I thought this was just a cool picture.

There was a great water balloon fight that went on with just about everyone getting involved. Elizabeth didn't quite like it, but Ri got into it. Here, Sam is finalizing the fight. I think he got her pretty good!

Elizabeth and Ri enjoyed this swing much of the night. Here, Ri is more concerned with the hot dog he dropped on the ground. :(

Erin got a big game of ultimate frisbee going. I love this picture just because of Em's face and Jacobs position. They seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Erin found this hat sitting around the house and started goofing off with it around Elizabeth. I thought she looked so sweet in it that I made her take a few pictures.




On Saturday, Erin's high school team took on the Alumni. It is always a fun game. I think they all look forward to it every year.

This was the first goal of the game. Erin is becoming known for her headers.

My Dad is pretty faithful at attending his grandkids sporting events.
Yesterday, Elizabeth and Ri seemed to really enjoy Grandpa being there!







On another note, yesterday marked the beginning of a new phase in our church. Our precious pastor of 30 years (personally, he has been our pastor for 11 years), preached his last message to our church family. God has called him to leave and preach in Michigan. He has been very dear to our family and will be missed. It is difficult to let go of him, but I am confident that if God has called him, then He has prepared the pulpit for another man of God. Sometimes, though, it is hard to let go of someone you love. I am reminded of his message yesterday when he reminded us that our God of today is the same God of our yesterdays and will be the same God of our tomorrows. Just as He lead the Israelites into many unknowns, He will faithfully lead us. Just as He provided for them, He will provide for us. We were blessed to have Pastor Jones as our Shepperd for so long and will anxiously anticipate what God has planned for our future.

No comments: