I guess I am officially in hot water with my eldest daughter. She isn't all that happy that I have taken over a week to update. Our computer is having some real slow issues and I just haven't wanted to sit down and deal with them. On top of the frustration of the slowness, I have been finishing Emily's graduation book. It hit 280 pages and easily could have gone much more, but my time has run out. I really need to order it so that it is in time for her graduation party.
It is hard for me to imagine that my little girl will be officially graduated on June 7th. We are having an open house for her on June 6th from 1-4 at our church. Christy, Evan, Sam, Noah, Faith, & Luke.... and Tamara, TJ, Cheyanne, Cassidy, Colton and Carson.... she would love for you guys to come! You all hold a very dear part of her heart. But, she realizes that California is just a tad bit too far from our little town!
I'm not very good at etiquette nor do I really have a clue how to be the perfect host. I am just now beginning to think about the party (just a little late, don't you think?). We never ordered announcements, so I just came up with a quick invitation that announces our open house. I haven't sent any out, though. I really do need to get on the ball. It is starting to stress me out a bit. I am glad to have the book off my back (though I have been unsuccessfully able to upload it to my site, so it is still weighing on my shoulders).
Now I have to figure out the appropriate means of invitations and what to serve and how to decorate and all that kind of stuff. Give me a few words to write, and I can soar.... but give me a task of being a classy hostess... well... I seem to have missed that gift. Classy just isn't the best description. Down to earth, maybe... but classy? Nope!
Our invitation is for anyone who would like to join us in honoring our baby girl in her accomplishment. We are so very proud of her! She is officially enrolled at Baptist Bible College and will be leaving August 21. She will have her class schedule on June 15th. Things are certainly beginning to roll. I sure hope I don't get rolled over in the process!
She is ending her high school career with a bang. Monday night, she will recieve an "academic varsity letter" for her academics. She just scored a 96 on her senior project. She presented it this past MOnday and did an excellent job. The little ones and I had the privlidge of watching her. I was very, very proud of her! She was confident, poised and seemingly at peace. The presentation lasted the entire period. She timed it down to the last minute. What a great job!
Well, I have to head to bed. I hope to post a little bit more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Darcy,
You are so much more than classy. You are exactly who God intended you to be! You are sincere, honest,an awesome mom and a great friend. You have always done your best by your kids and I have no doubt Emily's celebration will be more than she had hoped for. Who else gets a 280 page book? You rock! I wish I could be there for Emily and you. Love you guys! Christy
Post a Comment