Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today has been one of those days that I wish could start over again. It was a rough start with the kids before they headed out to school. I hate when days are like that, it sort of sets my mood. So, I needed a little something to give me a big smile. I decided to take the kids out early and ride bikes since it seems to get pretty hot and muggy later on in the day.

Elizabeth came smiling and wanting me to see the new animal Bear was eating. You see, Bear (our dog) seems to like delivery "presents" to us on a daily basis. The only difference was that he must have just recently killed this one and was chewing on it before he left us what was left. She wanted me to look closely at it, but I just really wasn't up to seeing the animal close up :).

Elizabeth handled that well, put her bike helmet back on and came beside me to begin riding again. Then she looked at me as serious as could be and said "Daddy and Bear are stinkers!". I giggled and asked why. SHe replied "Daddy is a stinker because he doesn't buckle and Bear is a stinker because he kills animals". Then she smiled, proud of her statement and added "Daddy and Bear and animals are stinkers. Daddy is a stinker because he doesn't buckle, Bear is a stinker because he kills animals, and the animals are stinkers because they die." It was very funny to watch the animation in her voice and body as she shared with me the "facts" that she observed.

On another note, a precious friend stopped by this morning. He is the one who dug our pond. We realized a few weeks ago that the pond has a leak. WE asked him if there was anything that could be done. He came by that same day and checked it out. He said he would get it fixed for us as soon as he had permission to get on his equipment again. He had neack surgery a few months ago and will be having back surgery tomorrow morning. He stopped today just to check if it had reached a point where it had stopped leaking. He was hoping to see exactly how it was leaking. I am confident that God has brought him into our life for a reason. There is something that has drawn me to him every since he dug our septic system 13 years ago. I think God has put him on my heart so that I would faithfully pray for his salvation. So I am asking those of you that know the power of prayer, will you please pray for him to come to know Jesus CHrist as his own personal savior? And, I promised him that I would be praying for him during his surgery tomorrow. Would you please add him to your prayers for me as well?

2 comments:

Donna H. said...

Sounds like a beautiful proverb:

"There are three things that are too amazing for me, Daddy is a stinker because he doesn't buckle, Bear is a stinker because he kills animals, and the animals are stinkers because they die."

Too funny! What a beautiful family you have! The Waltons don't have anything on you guys! :-)

And yes, I am stopping to pray RIGHT NOW for your pond guy... I believe in the power of prayer and our wonderful God who answers it!

Becky Durbin said...

Dear Darcy,

I prayed for your friend, the pond fixer. God is so good to trust us with these witnessing opps. I'm thankful you take advantage of them. I ask you to pray for a lady at Staples that I talked to about our church. I invited her to church and her kids to VBS. Thanks!

Becky