This was a very funny song. It was all about moms and what they say to their kids. The students all dressed up as their moms. I couldn't help but giggle at it.She is our treasure!
Other things going on in the Miller home:
Jacob is amazing us lately. He is growing up so much. He is committed to reading through the bible in one year; actually, he didn't start it until March, so he doubled up on reading and will be completely caught up with it in just a few weeks. He is faithful. No matter what time it is or how hard the day is, you can find Jacob ending his day (or reading during free time at school) reading the bible. I wish I was as committed to it as my son! He is a wonderful leader. I truly look up to him with awe and respect. And... the results of filling his mind with the word of God are very evident. Since he committed to reading it faithfully, he has found himself with countless opportunities to share God with others. He has also found himself with many more trials and frustrations. They seem to go hand in hand.
A few months ago, Mark and I were convinced that we would be homeschooling him next year. As of now, there have been so many changes in Jacob that I am not so confident that we will be doing it after all. One thing for sure, he is growing and God is holding him through it all.
He found out that there are a few 7th graders who have tested out of 7th grade math, 8th grade math and have entered 9th grade algebra during their 7th grade year. Math is a strong subject for Jacob. It comes very easy, almost too easy because he often finds himself bored and frustrated. But, during the year, in success maker, he was making silly mistakes because instead of typing an naswer in the normal way, you had to enter it backwards. For example: if the answer should be 1758, he would have to type it in asw: 8571 It was causing him to be very frustrated. He couldn't advance to higher levels even though it was too easy for him. Because of that, he felt as if there was no hope of him ever getting a chance for algebra and probably not even make it into 8th grade math. Last week, he was tested for 8th grade math. If a child did very well on that test, they would have the opportunity to take a algebra placement test to see if they could take 9th grade algebra. He was a nervous wreck about the tests. But, when he came home from the first test, he was smiling. He said he took the test and in the next period, his teacher came and tapped him on the shoulder and said he only missed 1. He and 2 other boys qualified to take the algebra placement test. He was thrilled, but very nervous. He prepared for the algebra test by having me ask him questions. I pulled out the algebra book I used to teach Em algebra in 8th grade. We got to lesson 20 before i just plain got tired of checking. He understood every single question without me having to explain anything! I was shocked.
Well, he took the test and he only missed one. I'm not sure that means he is in algebra next year or not. Evidently, he has to make sure that he passed the OAT (Ohio Achievement test). He will know for sure this summer. We are very proud of him!
1 comment:
Wow amazing! Jacob has a gift. How proud of him you must be!
Patricia
Post a Comment