Saturday, May 17, 2008

I truly am enjoying the imagination of a 3 year old. My favorite age was 3. There is something special and "magical" about that age. It was the same way with the other 4. Age 3 was just plain fun. When Sam was three, we would hear the wildest stories. I loved it! It was often about a bear. One day, there was a stain on the carpet in his room. I asked him how it got there. He told me that a bear had come in the window and made the stain. That was 11 years ago and I can still see his expression and him pointing at the window and the floor. I don't remember all that he said, but it had me rolling.

R is not yet at the stage that pretending has become a part of him. But Elizabeth sur is.. and boy does she get me smiling. Last night, she sat in the car at the end of the soccer game. She looked at me, scrunched up the side of her face and looked out of the corner of her eye (my favorite, favorite, favorite look on her!) and held up one finger and said John was her best friend. Now, the question I had was "who is John". She looked very serious at me and said "John is my best friend, I love John". Still not knowing who John was, I asked her again. She said he played with her. Well, Levi (a third grade boy who is wonderful with Elizabeth) came to the game for a little while and sat with us, so I thought she might have meant him. I said "Do you mean Levi?". She said "oh yes, Levi. Ri, John and Levi. Their my bests friends" and then she looked at me as serious as could be and said it again. I have never heard her use the term best friend before. It cracked me up.

Another of my favorite expressions from her is "oh dear". When she gets in a predicament where she has fallen or something silly like that, she says "oh dear" or "oh my goodness".

No comments: