There are times when God seems to reach down and hold me close and whisper "it's going to be ok". I can almost feel His touch when He does. This morning was just one of those moments.
You see, it has been a little tough these past couple of weeks. Ri seems to having a lot more days of "behavior issues"; not necessarily bad, but difficult to handle. The end of the year school schedule has been very intense with several events; concerts, awards nights, & field trips. Track finished but our soccer demands are extremely intense. We haven't had a free night (or weekend) for a very long time. Mark and I rarely see each other and if we do, it is from across the room "waving" at each other.
Here is a taste of the life in the Miller home last week: Monday - Jacob had a home game. Tuesday, Sam had an away game. Mark went to that one while I got Erin to a home match to referree. Wednesday - agape small group, Jacob had practice, kids had youth group, & Erin had a concert/awards night for band. Thursday: Sam had talent show. Friday: The boys each had a band concert. Saturday: the boys & I ran 2 concessions stands, Sam & Erin referreed in the morning. I ran Jacob to someone's house in order for them to take him to an away game where Mark would meet up with him. Then I ran Erin to referree the traveling games, went back to pick up Sam at his referring, ran to Walmart to finalize MOther's day gifts, then flew back to pick up Erin, ran home, changed and then headed to Powell to celebrate Mother's Day for Marks' mom. Sunday: church in the morning, then Erin had a home game (Sam reffed it) and we watched in the pouring down rain. Sam & Erin were suppose to ref the next game but it got cancelled. Then we went to my parents house and cleaned up some and then headed to our house and cleaned for the next couple of hours. Then we went back to church. Monday - Jacob had an away game. Mark went there. I went to the school board meeting to support Mr. Freshwater. Last night, Sam had an away game, Mark went to that. I went to an academic awards night for Erin.
So, as you can see, our life has not been relaxing or calm in anyway. I really needed to feel God's presence in a fresh way. And, today, I did. You see, Elizabeth has really been into hearing about Jesus. SHe talks about him a lot. She is into me drawing Jesus on the cross and then drawing the "mean" guys watching him on the cross. If she sees anything that looks like a cross, she tells me that it is a cross and then reminds me that Jesus died on the cross. This morning, she found something that looked like a cross and once again reminded me. I smiled and walked into another room. Then she said "mom". I came out to see what she wanted. She looked very sad and was holding the "cross". She sincerely said "we need to save Jesus". I knew what she meant. She didn't like Jesus dying on the cross. As much as her little mind can understand about death. I don't think she knows what it is, just that it isn't something people want anyone to do. She really doesn't understand what it means that JEsus died on the cross, but she knows it is something really big and good and yet she doesn't want him to hurt. So, she wants to save him. It was very, very precious.
I told her that he had to die for us. She looked sad and then said "He needs to pray". So sweet. She knows that we pray when we are sad or when we are thankful or when we need God's guidance, help or whatever. She is very interested in prayer right now. I asked her if she wanted to pray. She asked me to pray for Jesus.
I know that none of this is doctrine and I understand that she really doesn't have a clue. BUt.. I am confident that God has begun a work in her heart. One day, she will bow her knee and trust in Jesus Christ as her Savior. She has what many refer to as a "child like faith". Her faith is genuine and very innocent. It is not scarred by the world or circumstances. She trusts simply because she has been told about Jesus and who he is. Her innocense is pure and very refreshing.
So, this morning, I was reminded of who God is and how precious faith in Him can be. I was reminded of the verse: "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN. COME TO ME, AND DO NOT HINDER THEM, FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD BELONGS TO SUCH AS THESE" Mark 10:14.
This morning, the kids made some masterpieces. They told me what each picture is. HEre they are:
"Daddy", by Elizabeth
"Cow" by Elizabeth
"Daddy" by Ri
"Ri and Kings Island" by Ri
No comments:
Post a Comment