Thursday, April 3, 2008

A sweet poem

My very dear friend, who is blessed with 4 beautiful children, put this on her site the other day. It really rang true to me. There is nothing that we have in this world that we take with us to the other side. All the riches we gather during this lifetime are really meaningless. Oh, there isn't anything wrong with gathering riches, it's what you do with the riches God has blessed you with. But ultimately, the only true purpose is to further His kingdom, and to provide us with the necessities of life. Unfortunately, all too often, I find things I believe are necessities that truly are not. Recently, I have been quite convicted of the things I buy simply because they are a good deal or because I "believe" my kids need it. They don't, but far too often I find myself conforming to the world and trying to give my kids everything I can and trying to "keep up" with the things their peers have. Truly, the only thing they need in life is a real relationship with Jesus Christ. And if they trust Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, then in a sense, I will be taking them to heaven with me. :)


"I Would Gather Children"


Some would gather money
Along the path of life,
Some would gather roses
And rest from worldy strife.

But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin,
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled toothless grin.

For money can not enter,
In that land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered,
Soon will wilt along the way.

But oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven,
I can take them in with me.



Going right along with me theme... we planted seeds this morning. I reminded the kids that God plants the seeds. He uses some to plant, some to water and some to harvest. ... Here we are planting some tomato seeds:






Today, we spent the morning working on the Letter E. Off and on I have been trying to work on letter recognition; but my attempts have been quite fleeting and not regular enough for them to grasp the concept. We decided to make a book for each letter. Here they are coloring the cover to our Letter E book.

Do you remember the Letter People. My 4 older kids all had the letter people in Kindergarten. I am in the process of making a book for the little ones with the ABC's. I found a wonderful kindergarten teacher online who has the letter people for her kids to see. SHe was a great help to me in getting a picture of each of the letter people.


Here is Ms. E - Exercise Energy





This morning, we decided to make a fun snack. THese funny faces are the result:


Yesterday was a beautiful spring day, so we decided to take the kids scooters to the bike trail. THey loved it. The only problem was that their one leg got tired very quickly.


No comments: