Friday, April 18, 2008

Kids quietly support Mr. Freshwater



I took the kids in early this morning because they all wanted to go to FCA. Emily was not feeling well enough to get up early, so I decided to take them in. When we got there, kids were just beginning to arrive. I dropped off Erin and a friend then went to park. Sam and Jacob got out whie I got the little ones dressed. I looked up and saw a very neat site. Walkign from the high school to the middle school was the High School FCA students. All were dressed in shirts showing support of Mr. Freshwater's stand. All were carrying bibles. They marched 2-3 in a row and quietly gathered near the flag pole by the entrance. They students all held hands and prayed...one by one. It was a precious site. I passed them and went in to look for the Middle School FCA meeting. As I walked in, a middle school boy was standing with a sign saying I Support Mr. Freshwater as he held his bible in the air. There were students standing outside with white T-shirts with hand drawn crosses stating "I support Fresh H20". Interesting enough, one of the kids was a board members son (at least it sure looked like him). I talked with a couple of people and then headed outside again. A young lady stopped me and asked me to sign a poster she had made for Mr. Freshwater. I did. When I went outside, the highschoolers were still praying. The little ones and I quietly sat down beside them and prayed with them. I have to admit, it was an incredible moment. As the kids ended their prayer, Sara Freshwater lead them in singing a very simple childs song... it goes like this:

The B I B L E, yes that's the book for me, I stand upon the Word of God, the B I B L E.

Now.. how neat is that? May you continue to lift up all those involved. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Excellent!!!

Jennifer G.