A few days ago, I shared with you the artistic talent of Erin Michal. I get so excited to see her draw. I truly love what she can do. One year, for mothers day, she drew me a vase with flowers. I still have it framed and on my wall. I treasure it.
Today, Jacob was given a writing assignment witha simple prompt. He came home somewhat discouraged because everyone was getting cool assignments like: "Your trapped overnight in the mall", "Your science experiment has gone totally wrong".. and so on. His assignment? I giggle about it.... "You are a housefly on the wall and you witness 2 siblings fighting". Well, his reaction? "Houseflies are the boringest things ever... and siblings fighting? ..come on!"
Me? I giggled. Lately, Jacob has been having some issues with siblings and we have had several discussions about them. I think the subject is a good one... but he does not! So, he sat and shared with me that even though houseflies were boring, he was going to make this story exciting.......
And here is just the beginning. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. He is so gifted with his writing. One day, we are all convinced, that he will be an author of his own book... no... series! The only problem is, as he has already informed us, someone 60 years ago stole his idea! He had already had his book written in his head; plot and all. Lo and behold, he discovered that there was a book with the exact same plot; right down to the very beginning shot.
But... on with my little man's story.....
To begin, my name is Boz and I am a musca domestica, or a common housefly. I don’t particularly like siblings, I never have. You see I have over 5,000 of them and if I thought I couldn’t get more annoyed at the principal of siblings, I was wrong. It just so happens that the story I am about to tell you proves to anyone the vital importance of a healthy relationship between two brothers, and if you have problems with your brother or sister, you might want to think about solving them, because you definitely don’t want to end up like the twisted family I am about to share with you.
Like I had said earlier, when I was born I already had thousands of siblings. With all of these children and only one mother, I began to feel excluded. I eventually decided to move out of my comfortable middle-class house. I left on my 17th birthday (17 days) to begin the journey of a lifetime (about 35-days for houseflies). I smiled. It had been a long hard way to spend a childhood, but I was finally free. I was ready to see the world, or as much of it as possible for a fly, with 18 days left in my life-expectancy.
Is this a cliff hanger? Yep... he has just begun the story. I am anxious to hear the "rest of the story". I just wanted to give you all a "flavor" for Jacob's mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment