Saturday, March 15, 2008

Well, our YMCA has been so generous to Jacob. They are allowing him to run a concession stand during the soccer season and they have offered to sell his fund raising candy at their front desk. We dropped a box off on March 4 and yesterday they called to tell us it was empty and they needed more. AND... "Aunt Jennifer" has been the one who has been letting Jacob sell candy at the pizza shop. Emily came home with $30.00 from that. So... he has managed to raise $82 more for his trip. God has been so gracious!

As for everything at the Miller home, we are all well. I think the touch of some kind of bug has floated around for a little bit. Em stayed home the other day because of some stomach stuff. Erin and Mark both felt pretty bad and then I felt it some last night. But... nothing serious or too miserable for any of us. Elizabeth has a snoty nose again... but that is simply because she refuses to wear a shirt and pants around the house! Everytime I put it on, she has a fit or takes it off a few minutes later. I sit here, freezing, in a sweatshirt and layers, and she just runs around smiling and "warm". It is crazy to me!

Our very dear friends are in China right now adopting a almost 3 year old little girl. In fact, they will be home next week... just in time for her 3rd birthday. They adopted their daughter at the same time as we adopted Elizabeth. When we adopted Ri, they met us at the airport in California just to see us and welcome us back. We have built such a wonderful bond. I have followed their journey all week... loving every minute of it. I watched God answer some wonderful prayers that we have been lifting up for this little girl and her new family. It has been so cool. And.. I must admit, it is definitely tugging at my heart strings all over again. I DO have to stay away from following peoples journeys!! :)

Here is a picture of this precious little one.

She now has a forever family. Please keep her and her family in prayer. SHe makes their 4th child. All the kids are under 8 and Daddy is in the services and will be gone often. They have to move within a month of returning home due to his assignment.

No comments: