As I said, there are times when I am in awe of how God works. Last night, Mark walked inside with an envelope with Jacob's name on it. Jacob rarely gets mail or something written to him. He smiled and opened it and then stood smiling and saying thank you over and over. Someone who has never met Jacob had written him a card congratulating him on his being nominated to the World Leadership Forum. But that was not all. Jacob and I were blown away to see that $50.00 was with the note. I can not share with you how deeply I was touched by the gift for Jacob. He was ecstatic. For me, it was far deeper. This precious friend has touched our lives in very special ways to help us during the adoption of Elizabeth and then during the adoption of Ri. They were able to do something for us that no one else that we know could have done. I will forever be indebted to our friend for those precious gifts. But to have blessed Jacob through this generous gift just put me more in awe and brought me more to my knees to praise God. Thanks to this wonderful gift, Jacob is now at $428.15. He is so very, very excited! We start the concession stands at the end of this month. And, I recieved a wonderful email from someone I had never expected to hear from. It was such a beautiful surprise and an exciting thing for Jacob. They shared that they would like to help Jacob with his trip. They have a lot of sticks that have fallen through the winter months and need them picked up. THey wanted to "hire" Jacob. His response? "Sure".. with a smile to boot. So, when Spring comes, we will be making a trip to a friends' house so Jacob (and Sam if he would like) can pick up sticks and earn a little more towards his trip. And then, when we visited Mamaw and Papaw, Mamaw had bags of items for Jacob to see at his concession stand. SHe had bought coffee, swoops (candy), nerd ropes, big chunky cookie packs, and energy drinks. It was wonderful.
On a different note, the kids are in a preschool sponsored by the Early Intervention Program in our county. We are so thankful that they are able to attend. Both are beginning to blossom, socially. They ae asking if we want them kids to attend next year. It is offered 4 days a week during the school year. Right now, the answer is no. There isn't anyway that either would stay int eh classroom without me. But... maybe by next year. We will see. Here are some pictures from their classroom.
Jacob played his very last upward game. It is a bittersweet time. He has been playing in the upward league since 1st grade. 6th grade is the last year for kids to play. There isn't much opportunity for a child to play again unless they are good enough to play on a school team. For me, that makes me sad. There are so many kids who enjoy playing, but just aren't good enough to play on a school team. Anyway, this is a shot I took during his game.
No comments:
Post a Comment