Wednesday, March 5, 2008


Well, Mark and I enjoyed listening to our girls last night. Emily had a choir concert. Mark took a picture of the choir with his phone, so I asked him to send it to me. I wish we had thought of taking a picture of Erin. Erin played in a band concert just after Emily's concert. Both the groups sounded beautiful. It was a joy to listen. The boys took care of the little ones. We figured 2 hours of sitting still listening to music might be a little hard on them.

Before I go any further, please, please do not feel like I am asking for donations or help with Jacob's (or Sam's) fundraising efforts. If God leads someone in that direction, then I will praise Him for it! I am sharing it with everyone simply because my blog is mainly a "journal" for my kids. I have published 2 books now with my entire blogs so that I have them to pass on for the kids. Each book is over 400 pages long. Someday, I would love to print a book for each child; but the books cost nearly $100.00 to print. That may be a long way down the road :). I am excited to watch Jacob try to reach his goal. I have shared the generosity of our friend and Mamaw and Papaw and Uncle Paul only to share with you how God has blessed us. I have every confidence that God has been providing through them. It excited me to see His provision, and so I was excited to write it all down. But.. as I have thought about it, it may come across to you as if I am pleading for donations for him.

I originally put to the side that if anyone wanted to help him by donating or hiring him, to contact us. I only put that up because of a friend who emailed me wanting to hire Jacob. I wasn't looking at that as a plea for donations, I guess I just thought that if others had work for him to do, they could let us know. At the time, it just made sense for me to use the word "donate" right along side in case someone desired to help him that way. But now I realize that it probably sounds to others like I am asking you to send him money. I am so sorry to have come across that way. His fundraising is completely in the hands of God. I believe it is a wonderful way for Jacob to see God working in his life. And as He works, I will share it with you... simply because it excites me.

No comments: