Isn't he just the cutest 3 year old you've ever seen? Ok - I'm biased. I have been thinking alot about all that this little guy has gone through in his short life. Three years ago, our son was born, on the other side of the world. I have no doubt that his birthparents, today, are grieving and wondering about their son. My heart aches for them. I wish that, somehow, we were able to let them know how wonderful he is. I am confident that he was loved very deeply by them, especially by his mother. Noone knows the circumstances behind why they chose to leave him at the gates of the hospital; only them and God. But I know it must have been the most painful day of his mother's life. So, three years ago, he was held by his birth mother... and then separated from her a few short days later. 2 years ago, he was recovering from open heart surgery and pneumonia - alone, without a mother or father to hold him through it all. 1 year ago, he was in an orphanage doing what he did everyday, with no knowledge of his turning 2 nor of his family who were on the other side of the world waiting to come bring him hom. Here is a picture of him 1 year ago:

The changes are amazing. Today, his birthday is different from his others. He has a family that loves him, has gifts for him, will sing to him, will play with him, and will try to make his day a little special for him. We praise God that we have the joy of raising this little boy. He is precious in every way. Happy Birthday my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment