Here is the recipe I used for the fun fingerpaint. Warning... do not use paper to paint on! The best things is wax paper or styrofoam plates (a must for preschool art).
Recipe: one cup cold water
1/4 cup salt
2 tablepsoons cornstarch
In a saucepan mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and keep boiling/stirring until as thick as pudding. Pour into separate containers and add various colors food coloring. Let cool, then paint with your fingers. It does not work well with a brush, but applies exceptionally smooth with fingers, and dries to a silky smooth finish. This lasts about two weeks in the refrigerator.
I used powdered tempera paints for 2 batchs and food coloring for the other two. Both work well, but the food coloring blends easier.
Clean up: We used shaving cream. It is a trick I have recently learned. I poured spray paint onto the counter and they had a ball playing in it. We wrote the letter A and then spread it everywhere. Then we used our fingers and tried drawing the letter. The shaving cream really cleaned up the "paint" that had seemed to soak into my white countertops.
No comments:
Post a Comment