Friday, January 11, 2008

Erin's echo results

Sometimes it just cracks me how God works. We adopt a little boy with severe heart problems when he was born, underwent open heart surgery and we were unsure of what to expect when we brought him home. Bracing ourselves for many health issues... we find out he is in excellent health and only need to be seen once a year to just follow his progress. But, our little girl whom seems so healthy is the one who actually is causing us the most visits to the doctor!

Erin's echo came back slightly abnormal. I don't think it is anything to be alarmed with, but we have to follow up with a cardiologist. God is so good, I had an appointment for Jacob already made with our pediatric cardiologist for this afternoon. I called the office yesterday when I found out the results. I explained about Jacob and they worked everything out so that Erin could be seen at the same time. I am so very thankful. With her intensity in swimming, I have been a little concerned. I think I probably shared yesterday, but she has been feeling numb and coming close to blacking out; especially on turns. It hasn't happened often, but far too many times for my comfort. She actually blacked out after a race a few meets ago. She is also incredibliy tired all of the time. I have attributed it to the intense swim practices, but had been a little concerned and was thinking of having a mono test ran on her. Today, hopefully, will answer many of my questions.

No comments: