Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some things happen and I forget to write them down and then life grabs hold of me and eventually I forget it all together. This morning, one of those things I want to remember happened, and so I wanted to share it before I forgot.

Elizabeth and Ri came running in to me, smiles on both their faces. Elizabeth was holding a baby doll, lovingly and very tight against her. She had a smile on her face and said "she was all alone in the woods, and I found her". It took me a minute to realize what she had said. I had been deep in thought about Elizabeth's orphange at that moment, having read a story about how the kids are abandoned and the the issues they not only face from that but from some things that happened in the orphanage. I realized what she said and then really listened. She continued to tell me that the baby was all alone and how she picked her up and brought her to her home. She told me that she gave her milk and she needed to love her. It was so sweet. We talked about how the baby was left alone, but how much Elizabeth would love her and take of her and how God loved the baby even though she was left alone.

I am sure that she didn't realize what all she was saying, but to me... it hit a cord within me, reminding me of my little girl.

As I write, Elizabeth has sat her baby in a chair and asked her what movie she wants to watch. Then after putting the movie on, she picked the baby up, held her close and sat in the chair with her. Too cute.

No comments: