I have been without my good camera for a few days, so the pictures from Halloween weren't what I would have liked... but I suppose I am on the pickier side. :( We had fun watching the kids. All the kids have been fun to watch this fall. Obviously, Elizabeth and Ri are the key trick-or-treaters. They don't care about their costumes, they just looked at the pile I had and chose. There was really no thought put into it. Ri decided to be a tiger (even though the costume is getting a little small) and Elizabeth wanted to be the horse (actually, the rider... but who wants to argue with a 3 year old?) They were easy. Jacob, who is 12, still wanted to dress up and go out with the kids trick-or-treating. I love that. I am thrilled that he still wants to do it. I've never put much effort into the costume thing. It isnt' that I don't want to, but I never want to spend that kind of money all at one time, so I have never really pushed anything. The kids have all been incredible about it. They all have come up with things on their own. Jacob has figured out things for himself for the past 3-4 years. I am so proud of him. This year, he was determined to be something with Star Trek. He never asked my help, just looked around the house to find something he could use. He found a blue shirt that would work for Spok. We had a few issues at first because the color was not exact (my boy likes to be as exact as possible), but he evenutally accepted the fact that he wasn't going to get anything better. The ears were a BIG issue. In fact, they caused quite a fight between him and I. He had no idea what to use. Mark and I looked for a few hours and couldn't come up with anything. Spok ears??? Wow - it was a challenge! But, we came up with an idea. It really worked well, ocnsidering what we had to work with. But Jacob was really struggling with it. After arguing for an hour on his hair, his ears and his emblem on the shirt, we finally were set to go.... but 15 minutes before we walked out the door, Jacob realized that his clothes were in Emily's car (which left 5 mintues earlier). It was then that I truly lost my temper. I made him hop in the car with me and then preceeded to let him know what I thought of his irresponsibility. Poor guy. Mom's wrath is not fun! My disappointment was right, but my anger was very sinful. Ugh. I really, really, really hate it when I lose it with my kids. I felt horrible about it all. By the time we got his costume and put him together, he didn't want to go anymore. I knew it was because of me. I forced him to go. It took a few minutes, but he finally had fun. He never actually went to a door, but he enjoyed walking and hanging out with his brother and sister. Sam went as well. He was dressed as a ganster (and looked pretty cool), but decided to take it off just before we walked out to go trick or treat. I guess he's getting old :(.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I have been without my good camera for a few days, so the pictures from Halloween weren't what I would have liked... but I suppose I am on the pickier side. :( We had fun watching the kids. All the kids have been fun to watch this fall. Obviously, Elizabeth and Ri are the key trick-or-treaters. They don't care about their costumes, they just looked at the pile I had and chose. There was really no thought put into it. Ri decided to be a tiger (even though the costume is getting a little small) and Elizabeth wanted to be the horse (actually, the rider... but who wants to argue with a 3 year old?) They were easy. Jacob, who is 12, still wanted to dress up and go out with the kids trick-or-treating. I love that. I am thrilled that he still wants to do it. I've never put much effort into the costume thing. It isnt' that I don't want to, but I never want to spend that kind of money all at one time, so I have never really pushed anything. The kids have all been incredible about it. They all have come up with things on their own. Jacob has figured out things for himself for the past 3-4 years. I am so proud of him. This year, he was determined to be something with Star Trek. He never asked my help, just looked around the house to find something he could use. He found a blue shirt that would work for Spok. We had a few issues at first because the color was not exact (my boy likes to be as exact as possible), but he evenutally accepted the fact that he wasn't going to get anything better. The ears were a BIG issue. In fact, they caused quite a fight between him and I. He had no idea what to use. Mark and I looked for a few hours and couldn't come up with anything. Spok ears??? Wow - it was a challenge! But, we came up with an idea. It really worked well, ocnsidering what we had to work with. But Jacob was really struggling with it. After arguing for an hour on his hair, his ears and his emblem on the shirt, we finally were set to go.... but 15 minutes before we walked out the door, Jacob realized that his clothes were in Emily's car (which left 5 mintues earlier). It was then that I truly lost my temper. I made him hop in the car with me and then preceeded to let him know what I thought of his irresponsibility. Poor guy. Mom's wrath is not fun! My disappointment was right, but my anger was very sinful. Ugh. I really, really, really hate it when I lose it with my kids. I felt horrible about it all. By the time we got his costume and put him together, he didn't want to go anymore. I knew it was because of me. I forced him to go. It took a few minutes, but he finally had fun. He never actually went to a door, but he enjoyed walking and hanging out with his brother and sister. Sam went as well. He was dressed as a ganster (and looked pretty cool), but decided to take it off just before we walked out to go trick or treat. I guess he's getting old :(.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment