Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Sam played in his first home game for high school last night. What fun it was to watch him play. He has grown up so much. He did a great job and the team won!



Yesterday was a big day in the Miller home. We gained another driver. Most moms might be a little on the nervous side. Me? Well, I think I hit the excited side. Erin passed her drivers test and is now officially able to driver herelf to all her practices! Yippee! She was very excited and is begging to be able to drive somewhere... anywhere.. all by herself.

And finally, as the summer comes to an end and a new school year begins, I wanted to highlight some of my favorite memories. We did not get to do much as a family, whihc makes me very, very sad... but we did make a few wonderful memories. I guess as the kids grow up, things will never be as they were again. I think we are beginning a new season in our life. I am not so sure I like this season. Gone are the days of being able to hop in a car and go somewhere as a family. Now, it is a nightmere trying to work around 3 high schoolers' schedules. I guess "nightmere" isn't the appropriate word... "impossible" might be better!

Anyway, here are some memories:

* Jacob breaking his arm just a week before school was out. It isn't one of my favorite memories, but definitely a memory!

* Walking into town from our house (a 9 mile walk) with Jacob, Erin, Elizabeth and Ri. That was definitely a highlight for me! I loved every minute of it.

* Catching up with Jacob and Erin when they biked to Johnstown (a 30 mile ride) in a down pour of rain. It was such a sweet site to finally catch up with them and then to see their smiles and listen to them beg me to continue riding.

* A HUGE highlight for me was - first - realizing that I could IM my son while he was in Poland and THEN.... SEEING HIS PRECIOUS FACE and holding him in my arms for the first time after a month!

* Talking with Emily late at night as she dealt with the change in plans while she was in Florida. Listening to her broken heart and imagining many such phone calls in just a year from now when she is away at college.

* Picking Erin up from soccer camp and hearing her be awarded the soccer player with the most promise.

* Picking berries and watching the little ones inhale them!

* going to the fireworks with Ri and Elizabeth and watching the "booms".

* Kings Island

* the shock of Elizabeth's haircut

* Erin's suprise birthday party and finally completing her book

* DRIVE In movies at our house!

No comments: