A few thoughts on my precious little son, Ri. Wow - God has worked so many miracles in his little life. I can't wait to see what He has planned for him! It has been a while since I have shared about his personality and his growth. Sometimes, he takes my breath away .. while others times, he takes my patience away :) But all the time, I am simply amazed that he is our son and how God brought him into our lives. I am truly a blessed mom. I can't imagine our lives without him.
It amazes me that he has been through so much. I am so thankful that he was given life. He was given a chance to live by his birth parents. I am confident that they loved him and chose life for him. I am confident that they must have known how sick he was and felt that the only way to save his life was to lay him at the gates of the hospital and leave. It is a mighty love and one I pray that my son will always hold onto. Nothing was outside of God's plan. He orchestrated every detail of Ri's life, including his parents feeling they had no other option. But God held onto our son and continued to give him life. The orphanage that he was placed in was one filled with women who seemed to truly love the kids. They gave him all that they were able to give him, including a second chance for life. When he was desparate for surgery, they petitioned for him and with the help of China and a special foundation, he was given the surgery he needed to repair his heart. He was given life, again. And while he waited to be united with us, he was loved by them.
We are so very, very thankful for the orphanage and the nannies and the volunteers who loved our son. I wish that I could share with them the love that we have for him and how wonderful he is doing!
Ri is full of life. He is ALL boy. Mark use to say all the time, and I agree, that Ri looks at life and any situation that is tough and seems to say "bring it on, I've been through much more". It is amazing to watch him take pain or frustration head on and "conquer" it. He seems to have a spirit within him that does not quit. Most of the time, I absolutely adore that part of him; but sometimes, it can truly try me. Did I mention he was all boy?!!! Wow - that is an understatement. I watch him play and giggle because he can't seem to sit still (though I have to admit that at times it is difficult to giggle; especially when I am talking to him and trying to get him to learn something or when we are in a store or somewhere when he really does need to sit still). It is as if he can't seem to get enough exploring done. No matter where we go or what we do, he seems to have to touch it and explore it. He can't keep his hands off. When I ask him to stop, he tries to with all his heart (I can see it in him), but something within him seems to call out louder and he just can't help himself but grab it or repeat it. It used to be that I got angry about it, but lately, God has reminded me of how very precious Ri is and how very much of a little boy he is. There is something about little boys and how God as created them that they just can't seem to sit still or keep their hands off of things. They are constantly touching and hitting and pushing things; constantly trying to see how things work, crashing things to hear the noise, doing things to see if you really meant what you said, teasing just to get a loud response, saying what you don't want them to say.... they are just boys! Now a days, I can laugh for more often then I use to. He really does crack me up. And when I stop and remember all that this little guy has been through, all I want to do is pick him up and cuddle with him.
But... cuddle is something Ri does not like to do. Oh don't get me wrong, he loves to be loved on. He loves for us to kiss him all over, only to purposely wipe those kisses off and watch us respond. He smiles from ear to ear and then waits for us to kiss him again so he can wipe those kisses away. He loves to be cuddled, but he wouldn't admit it to anyone! :) Boy does he crack me up.
He is talking all the time, though he tends to have a huge stuttering problem. Right now, I think it is just because he is thinking faster then his mind can come up with the words. It is very cute to listen to him. He is very insistent on keeping up with Elizabeth on just about anything she does or says. He is an incredible mimic of her. In fact, Elizabeth has probably taught him more then anyone. They truly are best of friends. They need each other.
Well, I am going to end for now. I have so much more to say about my precious, priceless, treasure, but I need to get some things done.
No comments:
Post a Comment