One of Erin's strengths in soccer is her ability to head the ball. She has scored many goals using her head. She has an incredible talent of twisting her head in just the perfect way to aim the ball wherever she wants it to go. It is very fun to watch her.
Friends of ours came to visit last week. It is amazing how or families have grown since they moved to Kentucky 5 or so years ago. We are in full swing even before school starts. Just to give you an example of my schedule, I thought I would share one of my days with you. Jacob had cross country practice at 7:30 am, Erin had to be at practice at 8:00, Sam had to be there by 8:30, Jacob needed picked up at 9:00, Erin was done at 10:30, and Sam done at noon. Erin had drivers ed at noon, picked up at 2:00. THen Jacob had soccer practice at 6:00 and picked up at 7:30. Thursday, Jacob had CC practice at 7:30, Emily and Sam had to be at school for Freshman orientation at 9:00, though Em had to be there at 8:30 because she was a Senior Mentor. Jacob was done at 9:00, but had to walk over to the school for Web Team from 9-1:00. At noon, Erin had to be dropped off at the school for her scrimmage which started at 1:00. I dropped her off, ran to Walmart, then called Em to pick up Jacob at 1:00 and take him to his book club. While she picked up Jacob, I ran to Probate Court to finalize Ri's re-adoption (if I want a birth certificate, we have to readopt him in the states). Em and I then met because of thunder and threat of storm. I did not want to drag the 2 little ones to Erin's scrimmage if it was going to storm, plus Ri really needed a nap. I then headed back to the school to watch Erin's game. She played until 3:30, but needed to sit through the JV game. I then headed to pick Jacob back up. I had to run home because I had left Jacob's practice stuff in the van when Em and I switched. I arranged someone to bring Erin home. In the meantime, my precious Emily had cleaned our house, watched the little ones and made dinner for everyone (she will make some lucky young man an incredible wife!). Everyon gobbled food, I fielded a phone call from the Dispatch who wanted to interview me about the Freshwater case (ugh.. I was caught totally off guard on that one!) I then grabbed Jacob, Sam and Sam's friend Jackson and ran back into town. We dropped off Jacob at soccer practice (it was a long day for Jacob), and headed to school. We were an hour early. At 7:00, we had freshman orientation at the school. Jacob's coach dropped him off at the school for me so that I could be at the high school for Sam (can't believe he is in high school already!). By 8:00, we were finally on our way home. Whew... what a couple of days!
No comments:
Post a Comment