I thought about this picture yesterday and something came to my mind. On Sunday, we had 4 precious little children who were all adopted from China. It was neat to see them all together. The girls were all from the same orphanage and all adopted at the same time. Ri was just brought "home". All 4 are within 3 weeks of age. All that was pretty cool to think about... but my mind went a little further. Here are 4 kids whose lives were drastically changed. What would have happened if they had not been adopted? Where would all 4 of these kids be right now. More importantly, where would they be in 16 years when they turned 18? And even more importantly, where would they be when they die? No.. there is no guarantee where they will be when they die. Just because they were adopted into Christian homes doesn't mean they will be children of God... but... they will be given the gospel and will be raised knowing who Christ is and what God has done for them. So, I began thinking about how these precious little lives have been effected through adoption. But, you know me, I didn't stop there. I realized that it isn't just their lives that have been changed for the better. These 4 children have impacted the lives of so many people.
Their adoption has not just changed their lives, but it has changed the lives of each of our families forever. So many people say that they are lucky or blessed to have been adopted into our families... but I say that we are the ones who have been blessed. I look at these four and am in awe of God and what He has done for us through them. I look and am humbled that He would give us the chance to raise them, the chance to love them, the chance to learn from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment