I feel like we've been home so much longer then 8 days! We have our nights and days back, but by the end of the day we are pretty tuckered out. I have to admit, though, it may have nothing to do with jet lag. I may just be tuckered out because of running after TWO toddlers!
When we knew these 2 would be virtual twins, most people responded with sympathy and questions like "how are you going to do it?" and giggles about how tired I would be. Inside, I thought they were all crazy. I had had 4 biological children in 5 years! There is no way it could be tougher then that! THe thing is, I forgot to take into account that I am 11 years older!! Not to mention I now have 3 teenagers and a preteen to boot! I don't know which takes its toll more... 11 years older or the teenagers! :) Either way, my body is telling me that I am tired. I am sure hoping it is still jet lag. I am very, very blessed though with my children and my husband. ALL of them pitch in ALL the time to help with the little ones or with picking up around the house. I can't imagine doing this without them.
So... how are the kids doing? Well, Ri is doing incredible. It is as if he has always been with us. He is an amazing sleeper! He goes to bed very easily and sleeps completely through the night. Often he sleeps 11 hours at night. He also take a power nap in the afternoon. It is incredible. He has adjusted to the animals and has even mustered the courage to pet our dog, Chuck. The other day I walked into the kitchen and found him sitting on the cat and playing with her head. It was a very funny sight. We have the BEST cat in the world! She lets the little ones carry her around anywhere and do anything to her. Keep in mind, Ri was terrified of the cat when we first came home. Now he squeals and chases her. Very cute! He is potty trained but still wears diapers at night. He still has loose stool, so he is being checked for parasites, ovum, bacteria, and viral stuff to locate what the reason is. He eats fairly well. He has slowed down on his eating quite a bit since we got home. But if you have gerber puffs around... look out! He loves those as well as cheerios. He is still Daddy's boy, but Mom is quickly rising to the top. As much as I want to hit the top of his list, it is so much easier on me to be just plain 2nd. Elizabeth has me so high on her list with the next person being far down the ladder... I just can't imagine dealing with 2 clingy toddlers. Ri, though, I don't think will be clingy and terrified like Elizabeth. He seems so much more calmer and accepting. But, I have noticed that he is becoming jealous of Elizabeth. There are more and more times when he screams to be held when she is in one of our arms.
1 comment:
Hi Miller Fam!
I am so enjoying your blog. I smile when I read the exciting progress of Elizabeth and Ri. Your family (including mom and dad) is truly amazing in how they have adjusted to all the changes. Thanks for keeping the blog updated.
Love you guys,
Becky Durbin
Post a Comment