Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I think I mentioned before, our teens (12 teens and 3 adults) will be heading on a mission trip to the Appalachians in June. It is neat to watch the kids prepare for the trip. They are required to fill out faithfulness cards every week. Part of the requirement is that they attend at least 3 of the 4 services a week, do one service project a week and complete their daily devotions (I think it is at least 5 out of the 7 days). They also are having a training progrm to prepare them for the trip. In addition, they have been required to raise support; just like a missionary. They have all sent out letters to friends and family asking for prayer and support (a very difficult thing for my kids to do and for me to allow them to do) and are doing fundraising events. Last Sunday evening, they had a spaghetti dinner. Here is the group of kids (and 2 of the leaders) who will be going on the trip just before the dinner began.

No comments: